TG Betting Strategy Guidelines
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Thorograph -- Ask The Experts ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by TG on May 26, 2001 at 13:48:59:
Here are some betting strategy guidelines. When handicapping a race the first question you must ask yourself is, WHAT DO I LIKE ABOUT THE RACE?
1. This horse is by far the most likely winner--Win Bet
2. It's strictly a two horse race--Two Horse Box
3. The favorite is hopeless--Three Horse Box
4. There are tow or three horses that are contenders, and one is much longer--Win Bet, Protect with Exactas
5. Nothing I can verbalize--Pass
6. There are three horses just as good as the favorite--Three Horse Box
7. There's a good longshot in here. If it runs its race, only a couple of horses can beat him--Win Bet, Protect with Exactas
8. Extremely likely winner in one race of the double, several contenders in the other-- Doubles 1x3, etc.
9. Don't like favorites in either race of the double--2x2, etc.
10. Two contenders in each double race, including the favorite in each--Pass.
11. This horse is about 30% to win the race, and will be 4 or 5 to 1--Win Bet
Post a Followup