Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Response to Plever (1723 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: May 02, 2002 08:08PM

Steve Plever asked on the Ragozin board about my posts there, and made some cracks about me and Alydar. I responded, and the Ragozin office took down my response, leaving Plever's cracks up. Here is what they deleted(this time).

I’m glad you asked. Most of the time I post under TGJB, in response to comments that need addressing, mostly factual misrepresentations- you might have noticed a few recently. When I post under an alias(about once a month on average)it’s to ask what I hope are thought provoking questions that any thinking handicapper should find relevant(save your wisecracks), and to which my name being attached gives an excuse for not answering. Examples- before the ’00 Derby I predicted on my board(in a response to you, I believe)that the inflated Ragozin Wood figure would affect the Derby figure. After that Derby I asked here, under an alias, whether the Derby figure would have come up different if the Wood figure was different- FP being the only horse who paired up. Friedman’s response was the first time “texture” was invoked. Another time I engaged Friedman in a dialogue about tying variants to arbitrary claiming levels which would obviously change as the breed got better over the years. Do you think he would have addressed those questions if I had signed them? Do you really see a problem with the underlying process being open for scrutiny?
I would also point out(and I’m sure you remember)that a couple of years back Paul traced a couple of anonymous posts on our board back to the Ragozin board, and we called them on it, publicly. Those weren’t methodology questions, either- they were knocking us for some losing picks.
TGJB

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Response to Plever (1723 Views) TGJB 05/02/2002 08:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.