Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Help, I made a costly mistake! (1372 Views)
Posted by: Point Given Gal-Michelle (IP Logged)
Date: August 01, 2002 02:05PM

The Date: Saturday July 27, 2002,

The Time: Approximately 6:35pm CDT,

The Race: The Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup H. Grade: 2
Kona Gold - One of my favorite horses ever was scratched so I looked to the TG sheets for an alternative.

I thought that I was reading the sheets correctly when I noticed that the 1 horse Mellow Fellow had several 0s and 1s on his TG sheet. In analyzing the sheets thoughtly I came to the conclusion that I would put my money on Mellow Fellow to Win, Place and Show. My only question was that he had been beaten by Disturbingthepeace last time out and his best races were at No. Cal tracks (BM and GG). I went ahead and put my money on Mellow Fellow (at 4-1) to WPS and Dammit Disturbingthepeace, the favorite, looked excellent winning the race (Disturbingthepeace: close up, inside, came out turn, bid 2wd,led past 1/8,gamely) and my horse was left laboring in 3rd (Mellow Fellow: saved ground, inside move, came out bit lane,game for 3rd).

So next time should I give less credit to the numbers if they were earned at tracks that do not have as challenging fields as NY or So Cal tracks?

What can I do better next time and how can I learn from this mistake. I thought that I was being smart by not betting the favorite. I am going to Del Mar in a few weeks and I dont want to make the same mistakes in reading the sheets.

Thank you in advance.

Michelle

Subject Written By Posted
Help, I made a costly mistake! (1372 Views) Point Given Gal-Michelle 08/01/2002 02:05PM
Re: Help, I made a costly mistake! (803 Views) TGJB 08/01/2002 04:30PM
Thank you Jerry (784 Views) Point Given Gal-Michelle 08/01/2002 06:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.