Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Bet and Get?? (1217 Views)
Posted by: Mathcapper (IP Logged)
Date: February 13, 2018 12:57AM

Boscar Obarra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Xpressbet isn't bad, and they offer batch upload,
> which, for some ungodly reason , NYRAbets hasn't
> seen fit to install.

Batch upload ability is something of a game changer for any bettor that wants to play "ABC"-type multiple tickets in superexotics like trifectas, superfectas and pick 4/5/6 tickets.

It provides several important benefits:

- It eliminates the time-consuming task of having to manually punch out potentially dozens of different ticket combinations within the limited time available between races and enables the bettor to incorporate sound money management practices instead of having to rely on inefficient “caveman” tickets.
- It saves horseplayers valuable time between races that can be better spent handicapping each race instead of wasting time punching out ticket combinations.
- It allows bettors to incorporate new information like paddock commentary and late betting action on the fly by enabling them to quickly implement changes across their entire set of tickets, something that was hitherto impossible because of the time required to adjust all the various ticket combinations in the precious few minutes before the race goes off.

It would be fantastic if NYRA Bets/TGPS could incorporate this feature into their wagering interface. I brought the topic up briefly with Jerry in the backyard at the Spa last fall and he referred me to the expertise of TGJeff, but I never followed up with him at the time because quite frankly I didn’t think any of the mainstream wagering platforms had integrated such capability into their UI/UX and so I figured the chances of NYRA doing so were remote at best.

But now that I see Xpressbet has done it, maybe the idea of NYRA adding it to their own platform isn’t so far-fetched after all?

The technology involved appears to be pretty straightforward. Xpressbet has a “Wager Upload” button on their “Wagerpage” interface that the user simply clicks on to upload a text file in comma-delimited format (as can be generated from any basic spreadsheet or text editing program) into the wagering queue.

It looks like you may need to have an active Xpressbet account in order to view the wagering interface, so I’ve posted the description of it below for reference. The comma-delimited format may sound a bit daunting to those not familiar with it, but it’s readily compatible with basic spreadsheets, and once you’ve set up your spreadsheet to output your bets in the right format, it’s simple to use.

From Xpressbet’s Wagerpage platform:
> The comma-delimited text file must have the following format:

> [b]Race Date:[/b] YYYY-MM-DD format.
> [b]Track Code:[/b] Click here for a list of today's track codes. Click here for a list of all track codes.
> [b]Race Number:[/b] Do not use place holders ("1" not "01").
> [b]Bet Type:[/b] Click here to see a list of bet types.
> [b]Bet Combination:[/b] The formatting of the bet combination depends on the combo type. See below.
> [b]Dollar Amount:[/b] Number with the format of 999999.99.
> [b]Minimum Odds:[/b] Only for conditional wagering. If you are not using conditional wagering, leave this blank.
> [b]MTP:[/b] The MTP at which the bet will be placed. For non-conditional wagers, this field can be left blank. If left blank, then the bet will be placed immediately.
> [b]Combo Type:[/b] One of the following: WHEEL, KEY, BOX, KEY-BOX, POWER-BOX

> Below is the fomatting for the bet combinations:

> [b]WHEEL:[/b] 1-2-3 Example of 1 runner per leg. 1-(2;3;4)-(5;6;7) Example of combo with multiple runners per leg.
> [b]KEY:[/b] 1-[2;3;4;5] Example of combo for keying a runner on the first leg.
> [b]BOX:[/b] [2;3;4;5] Example of combo for boxing a set of runners.
> [b]KEY-BOX:[/b] [1]-[2;3;4;5] Example of combo for keying a runner on all legs of the wager (only 1 runner should be contained within the first [ ])
> [b]POWER-BOX:[/b] [1]-[2;4]-[2;4;6] Example of combo for keying a runner on all legs of the wager without duplicates (only 1 runner should be contained within the first [ ])

> Below is a sample of an upload file:

> 2007-01-01,JWM,9,TRIFECTA,4-10-3,82.00,,,WHEEL
> 2007-01-01,BLM,10,EXACTA,10-2,10.00,120,10,WHEEL
> 2007-01-02,RCR,10,WIN,3,2.00,9/2,2,WHEEL
> 2007-01-03,CLD,3,SUPERFECTA,(6;7;9)-10-(1;2;3)-(4;5),0.20,,10,WHEEL
> 2007-01-03,CLD,3,SUPERFECTA,9-[3;4;5;6;7],0.20,,,KEY
> 2007-01-03,CLD,3,SUPERFECTA,[3;4;5;6;7],0.20,,16,BOX
> 2007-01-03,CLD,3,SUPERFECTA,[1]-[3;4;5;6;7],0.20,,,KEY-BOX
> 2007-01-03,CLD,3,TRIFECTA,[1]-[2;4]-[2;4;6],2,,,POWER-BOX

> Once you have successfully uploaded the file, bets for today's races can be viewed in the My Wagers panel on the wagering screen.

I’d be interested to hear from TGJeff if he feels this is something that’s doable on the NYRA Bets/TGPS interface (?)

Rocky R

Subject Written By Posted
Bet and Get?? (1698 Views) Niall 01/31/2018 08:11PM
Re: Bet and Get?? (1096 Views) kevb 02/01/2018 08:31AM
Re: Bet and Get?? (1054 Views) Tavasco 02/01/2018 02:13PM
Re: Bet and Get?? (1121 Views) Boscar Obarra 02/01/2018 06:54PM
Re: Bet and Get?? (923 Views) Niall 02/06/2018 10:51AM
Re: Bet and Get?? (1217 Views) Mathcapper 02/13/2018 12:57AM
Re: Bet and Get?? (962 Views) kevb 02/13/2018 01:13AM
Re: Bet and Get?? (921 Views) Mathcapper 02/13/2018 01:32AM
Re: Bet and Get?? (895 Views) Boscar Obarra 02/13/2018 02:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.