Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Met Mile (1316 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2018 11:14PM

johnnym Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very interesting race to me

[i]Andrew Beyer on DRF Podcast or video interview believes this is the 3rd most important race in the USA 1) BC Classic 2) Kentucky Derby 3) or BEL Stakes in yrs where TC is at stake.[/i]

> 1) [b]Mind Your Biscuits[/b] 5/2 Dead closer fastest horse has not won at the distance in two try’s. Don’t like the draw.

[i]As consistently good as this one is, he's giving weight, has a jockey capable of bonehead decisions and as Johnnym hints at will need to pass too many horses to get home first. His potential absence from the verticals c/b a lucrative angle.[/i]

> 2) [b]Bolt d'Oro[/b] 4/1 Interesting to me with the weight break. Heard Chad say this horse could be a beast at a mile. Yes a bit weak on # power and Ruiz not exactly lighting up the board.

[i]Getting 3 or 4 lbs vs most of these doesn't strike me as enough of an advantage. @ m/l price I'd have to assign a winning probability of 20% or better. I expect Geroux to get him a good trip but like many would have rather seen him run in the Woody Stevens and I don't think he'd win that either. Toss.[/i]

> 3) [b]Limousine Liberal[/b] Has never run a mile a sprinter strechting out? Very nice numbers @ 10-1 and should get the jump on the closers

[i]I absolutely believe LL has better than a 10% chance of winning this contest, His last was @ 7F and he was the best finisher that day if memory serves. Terrific key in the verticals at anything near the M/L price.[/i]

> 4) [b]McCracken[/b] Very interesting to me backs up to what many thought was his natural distance 2-2 at the distance Comes of the layof and pairs his top. 12-1

[i]He looked good last out as he and a couple of other closers ran down so-called cheap speed. He may improve but whatever improvement will probably be offset by ground loss. I respect the rider but not the trainer move from Alw to this race - NOT.[/i]

> 5) [b]Good Samaritan[/b] 10/1 Ortiz riding shortening up has put some good works in he did pair his top last out.

[i]What a curious career. Mott switchs him from the lawn to the dirt for the Jim Dandy last year. He's been keeping good company ever since. A must use vertically but not on top.[/i]

> 6) [b]One Liner[/b] Pletcher at Belmont surprise he only runs 15% new tops. Has the stalking style to have first run coming in light as well. Would need a new top to win

[i]This one has been beating up on lesser. A rare opportunity to dismiss a TAP trainee for me. Capable of improving but I'll let him beat me.[/i]

> 7) [b]Discreet Lover[/b] 50/1 don’t like

[i]One of a bunch of late runners would really surprise me and undermine my confidence terrible if he ends up in th top 5. Can't find an easier spot?[/i]

> 8) [b]Ransom The Moon[/b] Has never ran the distance and has never won past 6.5 F shipping in gives reason for confidence Defintily has the number power distance is the concern

[i]By Malibu Moon and veteran of last years BC sprint. Under the radar and no celebrity consequently valuable in the verticals. A great example of how TG #'s illuminate a contender that might not otherwise be noticed,[/i]

> 9) [b]Warrior's Club[/b] 20/1 Ran a new top in the slop last out but prior to that he was showing an erratic but improving patter.

[i]A journeyman midwestern runner. Sometimes I think DWL just needs to be in the top races and circles. What does one do after having been king of the mountain. The price is right and its no surprise when he surprises.[/i]

> 10) [b]Bee Jersey[/b] 5/1 The speed if it’s holding will be dangerous. I like his pattern and thoropattern shows 37% new top Asmussen runs just ok at Belmont

[i]The now horses. None have finished in the same zip code as this one this year. He humbled Girvin last out. Asmussen is formidable. I suppose this one is the most likely winner in my view and consequently an overlay at the m/l.[/i]

11) [b]Awesome Slew[/b] 6/1 Finished 4th in the race last year despite running a respectful #.Third race of the layoff is he still hungover from that big new top?

[i]A must use and 6/1 a square price albeit not a overlay imo.[/i]

> All things considered first thought is the 4.
> I think he is sitting on a big race following that
> layoff, needs to avoid traffic hopefully gets thru
> on the rail and enjoy that stretch.
> I do not expect him to go of at 12-1 though

[i]3 + 10 / 3+5+8+10+11/ 3+5+8+10+11[/i]

Subject Written By Posted
Met Mile (1702 Views) johnnym 06/07/2018 08:18PM
Re: Met Mile (1261 Views) big18741 06/07/2018 08:31PM
Re: Met Mile (1235 Views) johnnym 06/07/2018 09:37PM
Re: Met Mile (1243 Views) toppled 06/07/2018 10:18PM
Re: Met Mile (1316 Views) Tavasco 06/07/2018 11:14PM
Re: Projected Met Mile Odds (1014 Views) BitPlayer 06/08/2018 07:15PM
Re: Met Mile (811 Views) johnnym 06/10/2018 11:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.