Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
7th race -- Belmont -- Sunday (874 Views)
Posted by: Socalman3 (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2018 12:57PM

Sure i am jinxing myself, but here goes

If the Clement-trained ML 12-1 shot goes off anything close to that (or even as low as 6-1), she looks like an extremely delicious chance today.

First, she has run a number capable of winning this at 10 furlongs (without the benefit of Lasix). She is in at a low weight. This is her third race back from the layoff. She has a proven track record of moving significantly forward third race back and stretching out (compare June to July 2017). Her last work was a rare bullet on the turf around the dogs....tells me that this third try is the wake up try. Lasix still hasn't shown up yet in her performance, but is due. She was 3-1 and 4-1 in two consecutive stakes and is now looking at her odds significantly lengthening, but without fair reason. She is one of only 3 graded stakes winners in the whole race and the other two are ML Favorite and second choice while she is 12-1. She was good enough that she ran in 6 consecutive graded stakes races last year.

So, she is an easy bet at 12-1. The risks -- maybe she cannot handle the 12 furlongs....but that is a question for a lot of these. She has won at 10 furlongs. There is a risk that she is not the same horse this year as she was last year. However, that seems counter-balanced by the bullet work which could signal a wake up and her third time's charm effort last July.

Good Luck even though I am sure I have ruined it. IF she goes down, it will be with a lot of my money too.

Subject Written By Posted
7th race -- Belmont -- Sunday (874 Views) Socalman3 07/08/2018 12:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.