Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Thanks (1304 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: August 27, 2018 07:27PM

A very few additional highlights of a week plus at Saratoga as there is too much to ever write.

1. Spent two races on Travers Day discussing serious life issues with TGAB in the grandstand seats. The people sitting in front of us were as dialed in as I was listening and taking in your every word. The perspective gained from listening to your life seminar was as meaningful as any experience I had during the week much less in many, many moons. Thank you Alan.

2. Roger mentioned the camradarie in the TG backyard is 2nd to none in a post after Alabama Day. The reason I have went back the last few years is exactly b/c of this reason. I've mentioned the numerous people there and you all know my enthusiasm for seeing all of you up there each year. While Travers Day began with our seating area being disbanded, I can't say it any better than Uncle Bill who sat down next to me and said "Now that we are all settled in, it is going to be a great day!" We were a bit disjoined but it all worked out for the most part. And Sunday was back to normal.

3. A huge thanks to nearly all of you I saw during the week. I can't thank you guys enough. A place to hang my hat several times. A sober ride to the hotel on Travers evening. A chance to sit in some premium seats during the best races of the summer. The discussions about horses. And just a fantastic time nearly every moment in the backyard. And the list goes on and on including some personal "thanks" that I'll send soon.

4. On Travers Day I was lucky enough to spend over an hour on the backside during the races. It was less hectic back there by far. They have betting windows, affordable food and drink ($2.50 beer instead of $10 beer on the front side) and they even sold Bud Light believe it or not!! (Not available on the front side). Maybe next year's TG Group should have someone with credentials set up the TG spot back there. It seemed like the right spot for the group honestly on a day that wild and crazy. If not in that direction, TG needs to co-op with NYRA for a specific set of 5 picnic tables painted with TG letters on them and space for chairs that inclues a TGPS signup services with a tent as Uncle Bill has described as a possiblity. It is becoming too difficult to keep everyone together on that day and enjoy it as it should be, esp for people like Uncle Bill who spend every single day in the same spot all meet making friends and new racing fans. I saw him do this numerous times again this year engaging fans both young and old. This is the number one issue on the TG agenda for '19: a permanent spot for the TG group on Travers Day either in the backyard or on the backside.

I have so much more I could say and write but these items stuck out as the most meaningful. If you can't make it b/c of financial reasons, I understand. But if you have the means to ever get there, you really should experience the place for yourself. You won't regret it esp if you can meet Uncle Bill and all the others. It really is a special place. I may write more later but it was important to me to at least send this appreciative message as soon as I had time. Thanks guys!! You know I'll be there once again!!

Subject Written By Posted
Thanks (1304 Views) Fairmount1 08/27/2018 07:27PM
Re: Thanks (805 Views) sparacingfan 08/28/2018 10:45PM
Re: Thanks (800 Views) Fairmount1 08/29/2018 10:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.