Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
WAYI Races (1164 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: October 15, 2018 09:47PM

The past few days I put together a spreadsheet for this year's 52 BC Win and You're In Races that took place in North America.

Aside from the results not yielding what I expected necessarily, it raised several questions so here it goes with a couple.

1. Who decided these races were worthy of Win and You're In status? The Haskell is a WAYI race but not the Travers? There are numerous examples of races that leave you wondering how or why this race and not another was chosen. The fact it is called the Challenge Series presented by America's Best Racing suggests ABR has a hand in it which explains a lot I'd say.....(ABR aka The Jockey Club).

2. What if you win two WAYI races (or three as Abel Tasman could have accomplished)? I assume there is no benefit to winning a second WAYI race financially beyond the purse for that 2nd winning race? Accelerate, Abel Tasman, Blue Prize all won multiple WAYI races this year.

52 NA WAYI Races in 2018 (32 Dirt, 20 Turf, who decided this ratio when there are 7 Dirt and 7 Turf BC races. Granted there are 33 WAYI races elsewhere in the world and mostly turf I presume but how many actually come here out of those races?)

[b]Leading Trainers:[/b] Brown, 7; Baffert, 5; Sadler, 3; D'Amato, 3;

[b]Leading Jocks:[/b] Jose Ortiz, 7, Irad/Flavien/Joel, 5; Smith, 4

[b]Favorites[/b] won 50 percent of the NA WAYI races 26/52

[b]Avg. Field Size[/b] 8.75 (lower than expected although it ticked upward after September)

[b]$2 Avg Win Price[/b], $15.00; [b]$2 Median Win Price,[/b] $7.45

[b][i]Winning Favorites in WAYI races located in KY (State of this year's BC): 28.57%[/i][/b] [i][b]4 for 14;[/b][/i] All other NA located WAYI Races (22 for 38, 57.89%)

If anyone wants the whole spreadsheet, send me a pm with your email and I'll pass it along if interested.

Subject Written By Posted
WAYI Races (1164 Views) Fairmount1 10/15/2018 09:47PM
Re: WAYI Races (810 Views) bluechip21 10/15/2018 11:41PM
Re: WAYI Races (752 Views) Tavasco 10/16/2018 01:25AM
Re: WAYI Races (801 Views) phil23 10/16/2018 07:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.