Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Breeders Cup Recap (1303 Views)
Posted by: Silver Charm (IP Logged)
Date: November 03, 2018 07:16PM

The Analysis was pretty solid over the two days. Some races very much nailed like the Dirt Mile and a few misses. I recommend anyone to listen once its archived.

Churchill Downs for some reasons is probably the best venue because no one from overseas is afraid to show up. I have to give the Euro's a ton of credit for coming in waves and taking their shot. The top names, the top outfits etc were there. Other reasons make Churchill not so good and one being the chance for bad weather. This year was an exception. Good day for November on Saturday. Announced crowd of 70,000 isn't bad. Friday the place looked like Aqueduct on a Wednesday in mid November. #empty

My personal rant is after Fridays races, a quick turnaround from leaving work early I traveled to Gulfstream to buy a DRF. SOLD OUT. I got back in my car and traveled and equal distance north to Pompano Race Park and same thing SOLD OUT. I asked how many they received and the reply was 70. They had sold out by 6PM and didn't expect any more the next day. So tis the first or 2nd biggest day of the year and the DRF is holding down cost and saving paper by not delivering enough FORMS for paying customers. But wait you say go online. Which I did. However why have writers and handicappers who give selections and analysis if no one can read it? The Sweep and Hermis are turning over in their cyber graves.

The industry simply needs to be careful. In a generation where people check their phones every 10 seconds making things hard for customers is the kiss of death. As far as Breeders more concerned on "taking profits" economics than fully supporting their own self created event, again be careful. The Europeans saved the Americans asses this year. They made something average look good....

PS-I broke even. Needed 6, 9 and 11 in the Classic for Pick 4 and 5. Is what it is

Subject Written By Posted
Breeders Cup Recap (1303 Views) Silver Charm 11/03/2018 07:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.