Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (916 Views)
Posted by: richiebee (IP Logged)
Date: August 19, 2006 09:14AM

Saturday 9/19 Sara-- Alabama Stakes.

Pine Island, Adieu and Teammate arguably the fastest of the field off their TGs. PI and Adieu posted lifetime bests in their last race, equalling Teammate's Gulfstream number.

Adieu is more experienced and won a stake at the Spa as a 2YO. She has never been this far, but won her 2- turn debut, the Delaware Oaks, rather easily. The word miler is usually associated with Adieu's sire El Corredor, but his TG sire profile shows a decent number at a mile or over. (Q? why can't TG make a TGI # for 9f and over?).

I will be looking for Pine Island and Wonder Lady to be bet as the 2 faves. PI moved forward quickly when stretching to 10 furlongs in a muddy Coaching Club, but still has not won over a fast track.

Wonder Lady Anne L has some brilliant wins on her resume, especially considering she was once sold at auction for 8K. She has much more "bottom" than PI or Adieu, but has never put two winning efforts together in her short career.

I will use Adieu and the two Allen Jerkens entrants in the middle of a P3 which begins with...

Saturday 8/19 Sara -- Yaddo Stakes

Sabellina is fastest, classiest and has two Spa turf wins. Favored and has to be used. But I will also use Finlandia, who got taken out pretty severely on the turn in her last. Finlandia made 5 starts on the turf as a 3YO. In four of those starts, her TGs ranged from 18 - 10. The other turf start was at the Spa and resulted in a TG# 7. Trainer Bush en fuego (15- 5-3-1) at the Spa (the Burning Bush?).

Note on On the Bus: Since K Ram is involved we will never know the truth about why this mare is racing in foal. I could see the point of trying to win a Graded Stake with her, but her value is not really enhanced by her winning another 100K NYB stake. Not only is she coming off of a win, she has worked brilliantly since that race.

Sorry K Ram, I don't trust you. Never have. It may later be announced that the mare was not in foal after all... or maybe a mare in foal is producing chemicals which could be a masking agent for performance enhancing drugs.(Too many Dick Francis novels). (Q? Is this mare ultrasounded before each race to detect foal?)

Sunday August 20 -- Del Mar Pacific Classic

I guess if you like Perfect Drift, you have to bet him to win because there is probably no value left betting him place or underneath in gimmicks. As camera shy, and apparently as sound, as any horse that I can remember.

Gotta go golf. Best of luck in all wagers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2006 03:30PM by richiebee.

Subject Written By Posted
Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (916 Views) richiebee 08/19/2006 09:14AM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (607 Views) marcus 08/19/2006 10:06AM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (593 Views) shanahan 08/19/2006 11:29AM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (636 Views) Michael D. 08/19/2006 04:35PM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (501 Views) Michael D. 08/20/2006 09:26AM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (538 Views) richiebee 08/20/2006 10:20AM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (492 Views) marcus 08/20/2006 11:17AM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (500 Views) richiebee 08/20/2006 12:55PM
Re: Alabama/ Yaddo/ Pac Classic (487 Views) bobphilo 08/20/2006 01:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.