Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (864 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: July 06, 2019 08:18AM

Looks to me like an interesting race. I'm contemplating if there is a good play. Probably, but what?

Five entrants are dubious to me.That's dubious good not dubious slow. As good as TG #'s are I have to believe that getting a good # for a US runner is easier than doing the same for a Euro.

But for me its all about finding an overlay. So if [b]English Bee[/b] stays anywhere near 30/1 he's on my $1 show bet action play. I'll add [b]Master Jester[/b] to my dubious herd.

All three Euros have a blemish of sorts. I'll have to do some research but [b]Cape Of Good hope[/b] went off @4/1 in a field of 13 in his last @ Ascot. I'm confident it wasn't the distance that gave him a problem. (not with Galileo on top) so I'll figure he had traffic problems. It will surprise me none of the three finish in the money.

Then there's [b]Spinoff[/b]? His Ky Derby was poor, was he one of the severely bothered horses in KY? I like the dam's turf influence. His price will probably float up. Dirt to turf is an unappreciated change. The owner/breeders may have had the lawn in mind all along and because he was so precocious he ended up on the TC trail. I'll take a chance most wouldn't and put him on top.

Brown's bevy do not impress me here. They'll all be overbet anyway so I won't use any of them.

Who does that leave? TAP's [b]Social Paranoia[/b] stretching to 1+1/4, forget about it! [b]Henley's Joy[/b]. As much as I like the style of shirt I dislike this Mike Maker trainee. The other U.S. horses can't beat the Brownies I'll leave them out and even Casse's jump up candidate [b]Moon Colony[/b] as much as I like him.

If I can get an exacta out of the dubious 5 I'll be....lucky, considering the numbers are all so close and a couple point move either way due to form or trip is reality. Here we are looking at a race which imo is gonna be close with a screaming finish.

7,9,10,11,14 ebx

Subject Written By Posted
Belmont Derby - English Bee (1160 Views) Silver Charm 07/05/2019 09:31PM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (869 Views) vired 07/05/2019 09:57PM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (864 Views) Tavasco 07/06/2019 08:18AM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (766 Views) Mike C 07/06/2019 08:45AM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (770 Views) Tavasco 07/06/2019 09:09AM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (756 Views) milwmike 07/06/2019 12:31PM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (690 Views) skitimber 07/06/2019 05:17PM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (640 Views) Tavasco 07/06/2019 06:05PM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (830 Views) bfick 07/06/2019 10:05AM
Re: Belmont Derby - English Bee (759 Views) Silver Charm 07/06/2019 10:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.