Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Plate Trial/ Oaks Day (752 Views)
Posted by: grinder (IP Logged)
Date: August 15, 2020 01:30PM

I realize that most handicappers will be looking at today's Saratoga Alabama card, but Woodbine is also offering a very good betting card today.

Here are my thoughts on the late Pick 4:

[b]Race 8[/b]- Clayton is the obvious deserving favourite. He was given a bizzare ride in his first start of the year, but came back to run a good TG # off a very good trip last time out. However, I'm interest in Dotted Line (12-1 M/L).
First, even with a less than clean break from the gate, his last race TG# is as fast as the M/L favourite. He also ran against an apparently good horse (Shirl's Speight), whose connections seem to be considering the KY Derby for his next start. While his trainer is off to a slow start, he is more than capable of having his horse ready today. Using (#2/#3)

[b]Race 9[/b] Mark Casse sends out two horses in the King Edward Stakes on the turf. While March to the Arch seems the more logical winner of this pair, I'm interested in his 20/1 ML stablemate Dream Maker.
This horse seemed to be on the Derby trail last year and ran a very good TG# on the dirt at the Fairgrounds in February 2019. However, after a decent effort in the Pat Day Mile they put him away.
In his last start on the synthetic, he was given a wide trip to set the pace in a race won by his stablemate. As such, that race was clearly a much needed prep off a long layoff. While this will be his first turf start, he is a full to Dream Dancing who won the Del Mar Oaks on the turf as a 3 year old. I'm against the morning-line favourite, Silent Poet. He ran huge last time, but has a history of regressing off previous tops. Using (#1/#2)
[b]
Race 10[/b] -I'm against the Delaware shipper (Lasting Union 5/2). She ran a huge dirt top last out and appears to be a bounce candidate at what will probably be a short price. Nothing fancy here, I like the other local M/L favourites (#1/#7).

[b]Race 11[/b] - Casse should also win the last with Muskoka Giant. He had a troubled trip in his 3yo debut and has a faster back TG# from last year. Using #10.

Good Luck

Subject Written By Posted
Plate Trial/ Oaks Day (752 Views) grinder 08/15/2020 01:30PM
Re: Plate Trial/ Oaks Day (518 Views) grinder 08/15/2020 06:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.