Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Labor Day -- 7th at Saratoga -- Inquiry (444 Views)
Posted by: Molesap (IP Logged)
Date: September 07, 2020 11:41PM

Well obviously Davis, the rider of Mrs Frankel disagreed because he lodged an objection. And the chart callers really didn't seem to agree either - I have appended the relevant chart notes below. Not sure how the stewards can make the judgment that the incident did not cost the horse a better placing. Once Lovestruck came out and knocked into Mrs Frankel, she seemed to lose any interest, but it is not like she was backing up at the time. She stopped after she got hit and still was a little over 2 lengths off the bottom slot in the trifecta at the wire. How can you say that the bump cost her less than two lengths? To some extent, I would be fine with this type of decision if it was consistently made, but it seems arbitrarily enforced. I think in many ways if they broadcasted EVERYTHING that went into the steward's decision live it would help with transparency, but I suspect that those of use still regularly handicapping would likely quit after the first exchange - but I gigress. I think it was a bad call and was surprised she did not come down, especially given some of the other horses they have DQ’d during the meet.

From DRF Chart:
“LOVESTRUCK… was aggressively maneuvered farther to the outside deep into the furlong grounds, on a mission to attain path four and better racing room, made hard contact with MRS FRANKEL, herself coming in with the rider applying some stick work from the right side, muscled her way into the coveted path at the expense of the aforementioned rival…”

MRSFRANKEL (IRE) made it into the pocket nearing the end of the homestretch, eyed the front runners within striking distance, went approximately four wide into the lane, began to shift into a tighter fit along its path when fed some right side pressure in the furlong grounds just as the top one was herself getting steered towards her, lost any remaining interest after bumping soundly with that opponent in the vicinity of the eighth pole.

Subject Written By Posted
Labor Day -- 7th at Saratoga -- Inquiry (744 Views) Socalman3 09/07/2020 02:53PM
Re: Labor Day -- 7th at Saratoga -- Inquiry (513 Views) hooper 09/07/2020 03:05PM
Re: Labor Day -- 7th at Saratoga -- Inquiry (524 Views) Socalman3 09/07/2020 04:55PM
Re: Labor Day -- 7th at Saratoga -- Inquiry (441 Views) hooper 09/07/2020 10:11PM
Re: Labor Day -- 7th at Saratoga -- Inquiry (444 Views) Molesap 09/07/2020 11:41PM
Re: Labor Day -- 7th at Saratoga -- Inquiry (437 Views) Socalman3 09/08/2020 11:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.