Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Woodbine Oaks Day (654 Views)
Posted by: grinder (IP Logged)
Date: August 01, 2021 09:55AM

It looks like another good weekend card at Woodbine today and hopefully a few runners with more than a puncher's chance may be overlooked by the crowd. As of this writing, it appears that the worst of the approaching weather system should skirt the track and leave the turf racing intact.

Race 4 - The charts of Holyfield's (6/1) last race indicate that he hit the gate at the start. Actually, it was little more than that. The gate malfunctioned and the right-side of his stall did not open at the start. He had to slam through that side of the gate to leave his stall. The horse showed a lot of grit to continue racing at that point - and put in a very good effort at a distance that was unsuitable. I think the turn back will suit him well in a race that appears loaded with early speed. He also has a TG# from last year on the poly that makes him very relevant here.

While not the most consistent sort - I will also include Desolator (10/1) in my horizontal bets as he did have some traffic trouble late on the turn and would also benefit from a fast early pace. Also the winner of his last race, came back to win yesterday.

Race 6- The morning line favorite in here (Bolu) appears to be beatable. Giant Waters (4/1) has a nice looking pattern and is the fastest horse coming in here off a wide trip last time. I would also use Hiatus (5/1) and Sun Daddy (8/1) who are coming back from the same race - as both had troubled trips.

Race 7 - It looks like Pink Lloyd (7/5) has lost a few steps at the age of 9. While he didn't have the cleanest of trips in his last race - as he did not find open air until late in the turn but then only offered only a mild kick when clear. His last four TG numbers are slower than his best numbers and he must concede weight to his rivals. At the age of 5, Souper Stonehenge (1/1) is in his best form and is simply faster than these.

Race 8 - Even though she is lightly raced. I believe that Miss Marie (10/1) has a big shot in the Oaks. In her last race she seemed hopelessly beaten around the turn, until the rider angled her off the rail and she closed like a train down the middle of the track with a big gallop out. Her last TG# is also has the fastest poly route number in the field.

Good Luck.

Subject Written By Posted
Woodbine Oaks Day (654 Views) grinder 08/01/2021 09:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.