Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Backyard for Alabama '21 (916 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2021 10:21PM

A quick and dirty Alabama Weekend Rundown that doesn't include a fraction of the fun that actually happened.

Hurricane Fairmount rolled into town Thursday fearless of the rain and weather that scared away so many. richiebee and Rock were cool enough to check in on the Backyarders by phone. Topcat and trackjohn must not have handicapped the Fri/Sat weather as well as they should have as they missed a fantastic time.

The Race of the Weeek will soon be replaced by the Uncle Bill Podcast.*** Everyone in the backyard agreed after hearing all these podcasts with some real **stars** trying to make a buck, there is little to no doubt TG should get rich off the Backyard's most beloved figure. (asterisks denote strong irony)

Uncle Bill served himself a full bacon grease and egg sandwich with extra bacon and extra fatty sauce. He said the health factor was saved by his use of wheat bread instead of white . . . .

Frank and Jerry were never concerned about the weather like everyone else. Frank was able to find us a table for Saturday. Bob served as Uber driver for us Friday evening only to inform me Saturday morning he had moved hinmself to RETIRED status and that after hanging out with me after 17 Bud Lights and 3 shots between the Backyard and the Horseshoe, he also deserved a pension in retirement after his two night stint.

General consensus in the backyard about the future of the game is similar to most. Field Sizes are a joke nationwide. Many stakes races have been obliterated. Racing is not the same game as even 10 years ago. Not many opportunities to wager like days gone by and the sharp group I was with know that very well it seemed.

All that being said, no place I'd rather have been on Friday and Saturday. Saratoga trip with my friends up there makes my year. 2020 Sucked without it and I feel back on track after making it once again. Huge thanks to everyone up there for all the laughs, fun, hospitality and watching racing as it was meant to be from time to time. If you haven't made it to the Backyard on a Saturday to hang out and handicap with UB, Jerry, Bob, FrankD, Sean, Rocky, Donna, and on and on, you really should make it for a couple of races one time. If I'm there, I'll gladly share a few Bud Lights!

I can't wait to make it again next year and look forward to seeing everyone again. I know you will ALL make it! (A large group from New Hampshire and Kentucky that sits near us Alabama thru Travers week had a few unexpected deaths past year or two. Learning from them, it would behoove all of you to make it every time you can. Who has Ever said, I wish I hadn't went to the Backyard at Saratoga with those guys.... No ONE!)

**Final Note:** Uncle Bill's youtube channel will be a monster hit if it ever gets off the ground also!!! His first episode will focus on the Legends of Turf book he owns. He tells us that a certain number of horses he took care of most of their careers were Stars because of him only for those damn famous trainers and jocks from the old days to get all the copy and all the publicity. . . . .

Subject Written By Posted
Backyard for Alabama '21 (916 Views) Fairmount1 08/23/2021 10:21PM
Re: Backyard for Alabama '21 (573 Views) Molesap 08/23/2021 10:30PM
Re: Backyard for Alabama '21 (536 Views) johnnym 08/24/2021 02:29PM
Re: Backyard for Alabama '21 (579 Views) Topcat 08/24/2021 02:36PM
Re: Backyard for Alabama '21 (612 Views) TGJB 08/24/2021 06:28PM
Re: Backyard for Alabama '21 (626 Views) P-Dub 08/24/2021 10:13PM
Re: Backyard for Alabama '21 (679 Views) TGJB 08/25/2021 01:05AM
Re: Backyard for Alabama '21 (551 Views) NoCarolinaTony 08/25/2021 10:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.