Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
FOY Recap (551 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: March 15, 2022 09:38PM

By popular demand, a quick FOY recap for those interested. Apologies for the delay but I've been working like a mad man to make cash for all the racing trips for the year esp Saratoga!!

Uncle Bill set the tone Saturday morning during a phone call to FrankD where he explained that his wife had specifically asked the doctor if he could drive the near 5 hours total back and forth to Gulfstream. The doctor said No dice. Bill was genuinely disappointed and seemed upset he couldn't convince the wife to let him go. If only she had not specifically asked that q, it felt like he could have made it.

I told Bill, "Hey, I'm super disappointed but let's hope you make it to Saratoga." To which Bill replied, "Fairmount, don't say Hope, I'll be there, even if they have to send the casket along with me if I'm in that bad of shape." I am still laughing about that line and look forward to seeing you in the backyard once again. Bill made it clear he knew it would be a blast but that it wouldn't be the same without him there.

Some quick hitters from the two days I made it:

Fantastic experience. Met some awesome new TGenerates, some old ones, and some I had not seen in some time. richiebee all but promised to buy me some Bud Light at Saratoga when I see him there this year. . . . he might disagree.

CRW (Computer Robotic Wagering): They don't play into multi-track bets and that's a place you should play. I have been playing the Golden Hour Pick 4 when I have time. You should also look at the Cross Country P5, Tampa, Oaklawn, Stronach 5 (I don't play Laurel or Gulf regularly enough), and NYRA late p5. That's the advice I was given by the guru on this topic in the room.

On Sports Betting, I was introduced to an excellent one although he declared Woodbine the greatest track in NA. Can't compare as I haven't been there but I can't believe it is better than Keeneland, Saratoga, Derby Day, Del Mar, etc. I also learned that in sports betting, getting Even money on a 2 horse race isn't necessarily the worst bet esp if it is actually even money.

richiebee made friends with a bartender named Helen who he refused to buy a beer from after they exchanged pleasantries. FrankD had to step in and smooth this one out.

Marriage was a topic in the room with much laughter. Having never been married, I take great joy in hearing various comments. One man said His wife would kill him if he ever said he was going to Arkansas muchless a racetrack there. As it was, he had to fib to come to Florida apparently and convinced her that "thorograph" is actually a numbers program that assists their IRA's and 401ks. Another guy declared that his wife is terrific but he isn't sure marriage is terrific. He did discover during COVID that when he travels for work (prior to Covid) that marriage was great. When he didn't travel, marriage wasn't as fun. He was happy to be traveling for FOY I gathered. Another guy had 3 divorces but humble bragged that only 2 of them were crazy LOLOL. That made my day! Anyhow, who knew the TG suite would be filled with such great relationship advice. LOLOL.

I was alive to a 10k p5 score on Friday on a 36 dollar ticket. I missed. On Sat, I hit a 100 dollar double, that was 2nd choice plus odds on chalk and was called a Chalk Eating weasel!!! I can't stop laughing about all the fun we had those two days.

My buddy Charles and I were treated to a paddock trip for a stakes race and then in the winners circle for that stakes race. Shout out to the person who made this happen (purposely not named). Can you send me a person to person message so I can possibly get that winner's circle photo? I'd love to know what those old rich folks that owned that horse thought of me and my friend Charles in the picture when they saw it later LOLOL. Our kind host made it clear to me, Bud Light wasn't allowed in the paddock or the winner's circle. I understood but it really affected the over/under on the weekend LOLOL.

Much, much more happened. Appearances by shanahan, Silver Charm, FrankD, JB, Trackjohn, richiebee, Johnny M, and many more made it a trip to remember. I hope to make it again. It felt like finally putting the last few years of lockdown and semi-lockdown from traveling behind us. Wrongly made an appearance by text. I read it 30 minutes too late as it said "I spoke to trainer (x), and he said he really likes his horse (y)." I said %&%*$ as the horse had already won and paid 12 or 13 bucks. That one still irks me. Thanks for the info and don't be scared to share again with any Kentucky info.

Last thought:

Whomever won the over/under at 31 Bud Light's in two days at Gulfstream, Congrats. To those that think I drink everyday or even every week based on my TG New Tops on these trips would be soundly disappointed to learn, I'm pretty boring and rarely drink in my "ordinary" life.

Big thanks to everyone who put up with my obnoxiousness. A bigger thanks to everyone for their laughter, their generosity with their time and thoughts on the races, and again, the entire experience from suite to winner's circle to a ride to the airport at 4:10 a.m.

Look forward to next time seeing one or all of you at the track again soon whether Arkansas, Keeneland, Saratoga, or Gulfstream!!

Subject Written By Posted
FOY Recap (551 Views) Fairmount1 03/15/2022 09:38PM
Re: FOY Recap (343 Views) johnnym 03/16/2022 07:46AM
Re: FOY Recap (358 Views) hellersorr 03/17/2022 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.