Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Lessons Learned? (1764 Views)
Posted by: Mall (IP Logged)
Date: May 05, 2002 08:14PM

It's good to hear of TGJB's success, as there's nothing worse than having pretty much the right dope & coming up empty.

1. One thing I felt certain about was that it was inconceivable that the track would be concrete again this yr, but didn't take the next step & try to figure what that might mean in terms of how the race might be run. On the other hand, closers pretty much dominated in the previous 6 days of racing.

2. One of the themes of the JB article was that the horse getting real good at the right time is always a serious threat. WE is certainly in that category, with the corollary that you really have to make a decision that you're willing to go with the nos. even if they were earned at Spt. My experience & research, as well as the research of someone whose opinion I respect, leads me to conclude that the idea that a horse is more likely to bounce after two nos. is bunk.

3. The hot trainer is also dangerous, especially when he is someone who has won the race in the past. Wayne certainly fit in that category & in the past I have cashed some big derby tix by 1st eliminating & not even looking at horses which are not trained by a previous Derby winner.

4. As dumb as I feel, how about the knuckleheads who picked outside posts, including the aux gate, because a few horses happened to overcome such posts the last few yrs. All they did was guarantee grd loss & a wide trip, which may have cost a placing.

5. I must disagree with the poster who claims that T Corp paid a lot for WE, as it turns out that they are already ahead due to the $800k purse & the $1 mill bonus, not to mention the breeding rts.

Subject Written By Posted
Lessons Learned? (1764 Views) Mall 05/05/2002 08:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.