Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Saturday Seminar (779 Views)
Posted by: FrankD. (IP Logged)
Date: July 20, 2014 07:36AM

A small but select group of T-generates descended upon our former home, the empty deck behind what was once the Carolina BBQ. Steve Byk (looking very Todd Pletcher like yesterday) procured a long table and chairs making for a comfortable setting for TGAB's pearls of wisdom.

The weather was overcast most of the day in contrast to the sunny forecast and a crowd of far less than 20,000 came out. A real pet peeve is that NYRA is not including attendance figures in the charts especially for this meet where it's of interest to many. Unofficially by my count it was the smallest Saturday crowd since going to the 40 day schedule.

It was a difficult card to handicap, maidens early and wide open super competitive turf races late compounded by a golden rail super highway on the main track.

Alan was spot on in the 5Th with the Sam Sparkle / Be Bullish exacta $ 74.50, Thurgood in the 6Th @ 8.00 and Uncle Bill Spillaine liked Slews Brew @ 35/1 who ran 2ND making for a $246.00 exacta that no one had. A late jockey change from trainer/jockey Jackie Falk to Dylan Davis made the long shot playable.Big Trouble $ 25.60 in the Sanford was given out by Alan on both the analysis and the seminar.
Tough beat of the day to TGAB as he was alive into a $2,100 pick 3 with Fade to Black in the 8Th and lost the bob and the inquiry!

A disaster of a day for yours truly after a good start on Friday. One of those days with no great opinions, hoping to spread into horizontals and catch something.NADA, alive with 5 of the 11 horses in the 8Th for decent pick 3's and did not hit the board. I added Somali Lemonade to my posted pick 4 play (witnessed by TGAB, Bill, Sean and Rocky, mathcapper) but did not play the exacta with him and the Chad Brown Kitten that paid $196.00.

In the usual T-generate fashion of semi good natured barbs Alan was reminded of giving out Sandy in the Sun last year on my Birthday and an $800.00 exacta in the seminar and not playing it' which made Bill chime in it was his best bet yesterday at 55/1. Uncle Bill was also complimented for changing with the times with his I-pad as I just happened to mention his first figures cam via carrier pigeon!

TGJB next week with special guests appearances by Shanahan and the venerable Richiebee.

Good luck,

Frank D.

Subject Written By Posted
Saturday Seminar (779 Views) FrankD. 07/20/2014 07:36AM
Re: Saturday Seminar (529 Views) Rick B. 07/20/2014 09:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.