Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 2 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Spa pick 5 (1467 Views)
Posted by: FrankD. (IP Logged)
Date: July 27, 2016 06:56AM

The last race on the card is soooooo BAD today the only pick 4 play would be an all in the heat. The pick 5 pool is swelling as many folks are catching onto the merits of a 15% takeout with a .50 minimum.

I spent quite a bit of time last night discussing todays sequence with Jimbo,our opinions were certainly not in alignment as he asked me if I was looking at T-graph? It seems he has gravitated his focus on it as well. A 15 % takeout with a rebate schedule of 5-9% depending on my level of action and which account I'm using has me in the midst of an experiment. Mathcapper has blessed the merits of the math with a disclaimer that I still would be required to pick winners! Thanks Rocky.

Today's allure is the 4th race taking a stand against a Chad Brown horse that will go off 2 or 3/5 off a big one turn number. His horses normally don't bounce but I'm taking a shot to knock out 90% plus of the pick 5 pool with a modest ticket. It's also is a race with a couple of hard knockers that win races and have back numbers. One of my MO's for many years has been betting against maidens, NW1X or NW2L horses when they run against multiple winners, These horses are often way over bet and have never beaten a horse that has beaten winners.

2nd: 2,3,7,8 the favorite ran a good number in a MSW and was dropped in for a tag in his next start and Tony Durrow has been ice cold all year in NY.

3rd: Frenchy on a slow favorite, no thank you, Butch Reid is sharp coming into town, heading south with back numbers and Giant Fox is a new gelding heading in the correct direction. 3,9

4th: No Chad, 2 Gargans' and a sneaky good Cannizzo. 1,2,5

5th: 1,2,9 are automatics and I dare not leave out the Pletcher although she looks not at all like a green lover to me. 1,2,5,9

6th: Shug looks to have a good one here but is certainly not a single. Ralph Nicks was very hot with a small Belmont sample of runners, Tizacity was 2nd choice to a run away winner in her debut who was bet and the dam has a sprint number to take the heat. Barclay Tagg's horses have been running fairly well so far and this one's thoro quick pattern is taking a left turn. I'm not using a slow Chad/JJ probable 2nd choice here. 1,4,7

The sequence is $144 for .50 if you're going cave man, I will pay a caveman simply because if I'm right I'm really going to get paid here!!! I'll also press it with some sensible lesser A,B tickets.

Good luck to all,

Frank D.

* A note that Eric Donovan is not making the ML for this meet, he is doing something else for NYRA apparently and there have been some head scratching ML's posted by Travis Stone.

Subject Written By Posted
Spa pick 5 (1467 Views) FrankD. 07/27/2016 06:56AM
Re: Spa pick 5 (897 Views) jimbo66 07/27/2016 10:47AM
Re: Spa pick 5 (725 Views) mjellish 07/27/2016 01:10PM
Re: Spa pick 5 (731 Views) toppled 07/27/2016 10:50AM
Re: Spa pick 5 (766 Views) FrankD. 07/27/2016 12:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.