Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Kentucky Downs - Sunday - Race 8 (1461 Views)
Posted by: sparacingfan (IP Logged)
Date: September 10, 2016 11:26PM

I have been using TG Sheets for a couple of years now - but am still very much a newbie when it comes to understanding the patterns that I should be looking for and how to effectively use this product to maximize its benefits.

I am taking a stab at Kentucky Downs tomorrow - a track that I rarely play. For this post I am focusing on race 8 at Kentucky Downs.

I am hoping to get some guidance from some of the veterans on this site.

So here goes - please share insights if you want. If this is not the proper place for this type of post - please let me know.

School board Prez - looks to slow - but the Thoropattern for the trainer looks promising - how should I be applying the thcropattern star for the trainer to my handicapping - how much should I value this?

Harlan County - Lasix on --> what value do folks put on this? and how much growth can we expect from a 3 year old when they are unarmed as a 2 year old?

Inconclusive - the "6" is very competitive in this field - how should this pattern be interpreted - was the "10" to be expected? Should we expect a forward move here? High weight - morning line 20-1.

Galilea looks to slow - but with only 5 races - and a healthy pattern - should we expect improvement here and if yes - how much?

Taralena - looks like a good pattern w good rest between races - Clement with positive thcropattern numbers - I would expect this horse to run a new top. But we started with a "14" now at "8" - is more growth unrealistic?

Try Your Luck - appears to have most talent in this field - did the "5" hurt her or does she appear to be circling back? She bore out last race - is she likely to go the wrong way? Likely favorite.

Leafy Shade - good rest going in - appears to be too slow.

Shelbysmile - lightly raced, nice pattern - if she improves again - how much growth can we expect? A pair is too slow - but improvement could make her a contender.

Mine as Well - 2nd turf start jumped 7 points - good rest going in - not familiar with trainer but has good thoropattern numbers - should we expect this horse to bounce or is this a live 20-1 shot?

Blame it on Me - another Clement horse with a positive pattern. Joe Bravo on board.

Outsider Art - Jonathon Sheppard sends this horse out for the 7th time since April - top is a "7" 2 races back. Is this a healthy pattern or is a non-effort in the cards here?

Celestial Insight - appears to be too slow.

Mines and Magic - dangerous if draws in - ran a "7" 1st time on turf. Not familiar with trainer.

Quiet Business - another one that appears too slow.

The other big questions to consider here is the distance - 1 5/16 and does the jockey have experience & success at KD.

Sorry for all of the questions and for taking up so much time with this post - if you want to weigh in it would be very much appreciated. Still trying to learn!

Subject Written By Posted
Kentucky Downs - Sunday - Race 8 (1461 Views) sparacingfan 09/10/2016 11:26PM
Re: Kentucky Downs - Sunday - Race 8 (900 Views) TGJB 09/11/2016 01:41PM
Re: Kentucky Downs - Sunday - Race 8 (828 Views) sparacingfan 09/11/2016 02:11PM
Re: Kentucky Downs - Sunday - Race 8 (979 Views) SoCalMan2 09/11/2016 02:55PM
Re: Kentucky Downs - Sunday - Race 8 (707 Views) sparacingfan 09/11/2016 03:10PM
Re: Kentucky Downs - Sunday - Race 8 (688 Views) SoCalMan2 09/11/2016 06:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.