Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
LeComte (1420 Views)
Posted by: BitPlayer (IP Logged)
Date: January 19, 2019 01:33PM

My track record betting Derby preps is pretty bad, but I keep trying. How the track is playing could be a big variable, but three horses interest me in the LeComte:

Malpais - Michael Beychok mentioned this horse on Jason Beem's podcast. He's a little slow on TG, but this is only his third start, and he stretches out to two turns for the first time. Drawn inside and coming out of a sprint, he figures to save ground and possibly be on a clear lead. Pedigree isn't great for routes, and there's the risk of a fast pace, but the price could be there. He's only 12-1 (which I would not take) on the morning line, but 28-1 on Public Handicapper.

Tackett - Also drawn inside, he showed the ability to sit behind horses in his last. He's faster than Malpais, but still a little slower than the fastest ones. Ground loss could make the difference. I like the last pair at two turns, and the second place finisher in his last race (Owendale) came back to run faster (at least according to Beyer) in an allowance race on Thursday. He's 6-1 on the morning line (good enough for me), but only 9-2 on Public Handicapper.

Manny Wah - Last race was very fast relative to these. Was the big new top a result of the cut back to 6 furlongs or the addition of blinkers? The longer distance, outside post, and possible bounce are issues, as is the prospect of a fast pace, but the odds could justify the risk. He's 10-1 on the morning line and 25-1 on Public Handicapper.

I should also mention Hog Creek Hustle. He also ran pretty well in the Sugar Bowl at 6 furlongs, but he looks more like a sprinter to me.

Subject Written By Posted
LeComte (1420 Views) BitPlayer 01/19/2019 01:33PM
Re: LeComte (901 Views) Tavasco 01/19/2019 04:11PM
Re: LeComte (829 Views) FrankD. 01/19/2019 06:49PM
Re: LeComte - Post Mort em (907 Views) Tavasco 01/20/2019 05:25AM
Re: LeComte - Post Mort em (801 Views) BitPlayer 01/20/2019 01:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.