Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
ROW (1492 Views)
Posted by: FrankD. (IP Logged)
Date: March 08, 2019 09:15PM

I’m pretty sure after reading the ROW it’s a Jerry Brown document.....

It’s very cold upstate for March and I’ll admit to a non life threatening case of
Derby Fever. Far from the Covello version that used to appear here on New Years Day😎

I have a sporting interest in the Cross Country Pick 5 tomorrow, it’s a great sequence and kudo’s to NYRA for reaching out to 2 different tracks and opening up the bet. I’m told Twin Spires and other ADW accounts can access it as opposed to
NYRA BETS & NYS outlets only.

Oaklawn will be under water tomorrow for the Honeybee and there is a huge off track move up in that heat, the Florida Oaks looks formful but the TB Derby & Busher have some pricey opportunities.

That said I will be singling Instagrand in the Gotham, 180 degree difference of opinion from the ROW. Most that know me even a little also know that I’m as anti even money as a person can ever be.... If I were to make a saver play it would be with Mind Control. Brady doesn’t do it for me. Entered in a MCL first out, claimed and entered on the turf in his next 2 starts, not fast enough to go with Instagrand early. With Baffert, anything is possible, especially outside of Cali, we will leave that conversation alone. My wagering level has still not recovered from his 2017 Belmont Stakes Day performance which pretty much nailed the coffin for MOI betting any real money in this game anymore................

Instagrand was sold as a yearling for the average sale price of Awesome Again’s he was pin hooked for 6x the sale price as a 2 yr old. I don’t get it? The dam’s side is no big deal. Precocious indeed, 4,5 stakes caliber TG 2 yr old numbers for sure. Remember Jimbo and the decade running debate with JB about Cali numbers? For arguments sake say you can shave a point maybe a 1.5 off them? Even if you can’t, call them solid numbers. Awesome Again’s TG sire index improves 3 points from 2-3, that alone puts him right there. Say they are a bit faster with average improvement? You don’t need me to do the math.

Hollendorfer Factor:
He is good bringing them off the bench. Choose this spot before the SA situation hit the fan, probably ducking 2 Baffert’s in a short heat for points?
He is on the very short list of trainers I still consider horsemen..... 4 claimers at GG, BC OR TC this guy can flat out train a race horse.
I’m very curious as to the ownership group and if JH had input into the purchase?
Seems like a crazy number to me.
Lastly he has a 414 Tommy for the distance, no allusions of grandeur for this one going 10f on the first Saturday in May. In this spot he towers over this field
via Tomillison, has a trainer that choose this spot for points before SA blew up and IMHO is the best horse in the race by a lot. Curious to see if they just let him run or try to rate?
Either way it’s an Frank D. Single in the X-Country 5 and NYRA 4 or 5.

Good luck and I hope maybe we can stir some REAL handicapping banter as opposed to the teenage girl’s face book page this string has become?

Frank D.

Subject Written By Posted
ROW (1492 Views) FrankD. 03/08/2019 09:15PM
Re: ROW (795 Views) TGJB 03/08/2019 09:41PM
Re: ROW (765 Views) FrankD. 03/08/2019 10:01PM
Re: ROW (756 Views) johnnym 03/08/2019 10:27PM
Re: ROW (926 Views) TGAB 03/09/2019 09:57AM
Re: ROW (781 Views) johnnym 03/09/2019 11:20AM
Re: ROW (787 Views) richiebee 03/09/2019 07:52AM
Re: ROW (673 Views) ajkreider 03/09/2019 10:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.