Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Sigh. And sigh again... (1229 Views)
Posted by: JohnTChance (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2019 03:49PM

Just saw Jerry’s final figures for the Kentucky Derby, which indicated that GAME WINNER ran the fastest ThoroGraph, yet finished 5th (or 6th). Heavy sigh.

Thought I had a rational Derby wagering strategy based on jockey Joel Rosario’s predilection for going wide - something Jerry had warned about. Essentially, as perhaps others did, I played GAME WINNER to not win, but to rally into the superfecta in lesser positions, hopefully 3rd and 4th. Trip notes indicate Rosario was widest backstretch and 7-wide far turn. Thanks Joel! He can get away with that in 5 horse fields in California, but not on the first Saturday in May. The super paid like 51k. Sigh.

I’m thinking about that famous Peanuts cartoon of 1962 whereby after Yankees second baseman Bobby Richardson caught a screaming line drive to end and win the 1962 World Series, Charlie Brown screams out to Linus: “WHY COULDN’T McCOVEY HAVE HIT THE BALL JUST THREE FEET HIGHER!?” Sigh.

Subject Written By Posted
Sigh. And sigh again... (1229 Views) JohnTChance 05/10/2019 03:49PM
Re: Sigh. And sigh again... (645 Views) sekrah 05/16/2019 07:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.