Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
The Whitney 2019 (1116 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: August 04, 2019 01:30PM

The video I was watching acted up at the head of the stretch during Saturdays running of the 2019 Whitney Stakes. The picture jumped around and I couldn't tell who was who nor relative spacing between competitors. When the picture settled down, at about the finish line, one horse was obviously ahead but which one. I was confused because the last discernible image had five horses spread across the track trying to make their moves. I was particularly concerned about the Servis entry whom looked to me to be trying to bump his way to the lead. Maybe just deja vu but I hadn't expected five across the track and the appearance of a competitive race late.

When it became clear that McKinzie had burst away from the field to win going away my world was back on its axis. Yoshida's late chase reminded me how good that one is. A day later I'm wondering, just a bit, about how good was that effort was. I suppose it was very good but Preservationist either got run into the ground or bounced. The same could be said for Monongahela the Servis trainee which I expected to finish a non threatening third or fourth.

Certainly if either of those two and even add in Vino Rosso, had run their tops Yoshida and McKinzie would not have been such distant figures on the horizon. Yet the top two finishers were each impressive in their own way and may each have paired or earned new tops.

While I'm not expecting it I would be curious to see either or both of the top two on the lawn next time out.

Subject Written By Posted
The Whitney 2019 (1116 Views) Tavasco 08/04/2019 01:30PM
Re: The Whitney 2019 - Lawn Not Impossible (694 Views) Tavasco 08/04/2019 08:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.