Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
W/O's Usually don't mean much. (1441 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: September 21, 2019 08:30PM

On Saturday afternoon Saturday 9/21/2019 in the 7th race @ Los Alamitos a small group of 2 y/o maidens went to post. #1 the favorite @ 3/5 a son of union rags was sent out by BBT. He had a string of nice w/o's :47+ & :48 4F exercises interspersed with some 1:00 5F efforts. Just to make things confusing BBT sent out a second entry, as he is want to do. This one the son of Pioneer Of The Nile and the second choice @ 7/2, he had similar credentials just fewer of them.

I was surprised to see the odds on favorite unable to hit the front at any point in the race although he seemed a threat mid-stretch but was out finished easily by #8 Howbeit a Luis Mendes trainee. The winner was starting its fourth race, none of the previous efforts impressed, although he did finish 2nd in a $50K Mcl and diddn't start in his last an $85k MCL @ DMR.

Even though the winner was 6/1 on the m/l he was 12/1 when I looked in just prior to race time (to drop @ the bell to 10/1). I just looking to find the race that Omaha Beach is running in mistakenly thinking he was going this week not next @ SA. Anyway I was curious about Howbeit the winner who had just handled two BBT maidens easily so I glanced at his w/o's only to discover his last a 4F w/o on 9/16 which went in a bullet: 45.6. A tough decision a three-time loser coming off of a :45.6 w/o vs two Baffert first time starters. Oh, the smart decision was the 28/1 exacta

I closed out my visit to Los Al by watching Hydrogen another good looking BBT trainee, this one by Violence, run a clunker in the Capote Stakes won by Doug O'Neill's Raging Whiskey who looks to me as if he may be able to stretch out a bit, as in BC Juvenile possible?? Who knows. I'm not sure what happened to Hydrogen but I don't expect to see that one again anytime soon.

Subject Written By Posted
W/O's Usually don't mean much. (1441 Views) Tavasco 09/21/2019 08:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.