Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Pegasus Day (1505 Views)
Posted by: grinder (IP Logged)
Date: January 25, 2020 07:50AM

A few thoughts on today's card at Gulfstream:

Race 3 - [b][u]Carotari[/u][/b] (6-1 ML) - While he is a about a point slower on TG than SS or TW - I believe this horse could be sitting on a big number in his first start as a 4 year-old. He appears to be dead game, as two races back at Churchill he was off two lengths slow and rushed up to duel in a fast pace but got nailed at the wire. He's well drawn again on the outside today and gets a break at the weights.

Race 6 [b][u]La Feve[/u][/b] - (15-1 M/L) - Another first out 4 year-old that could run a new top today. She had a bit of an awkward start last out but closed and galloped-out very well. She now draws the rail, gets Tyler and is second time out for Saffie. However, I'm somewhat concerned that the trip may be a little short for her, and will use her under Mitchell Road who could be very tough in here.

Race 12 [b][u]True Timber[/u][/b] (15-1 M/L) - Given the recent defections, this race appears to be wide open for several runners. I know that this horse is coming off a top, and his record in these situations is not good. However, I think this horse might deserve a mulligan for his effort in this race last year. He was completely hung out to dry - 5 wide on the first turn, while today he draws the rail. Also, looking at his work out report last year, he had only one recorded work at Palm Meadows before the race, and as such, maybe he had not properly acclimatized to the Florida weather. However, this year Kiaran shipped him in earlier, as he shows 4 recorded works at Palm Meadows since late December. I will play him at 8-1 or better.

Overall looks like a good card - Good Luck

Subject Written By Posted
Pegasus Day (1505 Views) grinder 01/25/2020 07:50AM
Re: Pegasus Day (894 Views) johnnym 01/25/2020 08:02AM
Re: Pegasus Day (909 Views) Mike C 01/25/2020 09:02AM
Re: Pegasus Day (684 Views) jbelfior 01/26/2020 07:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.