Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
NADAL - The game is in the details. (1058 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: May 04, 2020 02:13AM

Last week, what was once the Ragozin board was rife with eagerness to bet against Nadal in Saturdays Arkansas Derby Heat #2.

I found it mildly curious but chalked it up to the general strategy of trying to beat a well bet horse that is more hype than accomplishment.

I hadn't seen any of his speed figures, Rags or TG or anybody. I did know he was winning races and a big money colt out of the Bob Baffert barn.

Today I glanced at the Jake board to see guys speculating about which Baffert colt would get the better #. Not much was said about the bets on the vulnerable Nadal. But the consensus was Nadal ran the better #.

Then I realized what caused all the excitement last week. Their process had Nadal regressing in his first three races. That is 7, 9, 11. No wonder, I would also want to load up against a pattern like that.

Over here we have a dilemma and split decision on a 3 y/o colt pattern that is pair, pair, pair as Nadal's 3, 3, 3.

Personally, I consider the pattern positive. I'll call it an idling line. I don't consider it high pct explosive but my simple mind determines that two of the three possibilities for the next race aren't bad.

TGJB is probably chuckling if he reads this because of what he knows about Nadal's trip three's and underlying races.

What leaves me at a loss for words is Baffert also trains three-time winning and undefeated colt Authentic who has also impressed. Surely he has a couple of others that will benefit from the added time until the September Derby. Is there still a qualifying points system, because if anybody could win the Kentucky Derby with a 1st-time starter it is IMO mysterious "Bullet Bob"

Subject Written By Posted
NADAL - The game is in the details. (1058 Views) Tavasco 05/04/2020 02:13AM
Re: NADAL - The game is in the details. (560 Views) Boscar Obarra 05/05/2020 12:30AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.