Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Thank you for scratching and not smoking... (943 Views)
Posted by: JohnTChance (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2020 07:35PM

A fortuitous episode:

Two minutes before the final leg of Belmont’s early Pick-5 went off today, NYRA’s John Imbriale announced that the #14 horse, a hopeless 50-1 shot I’d used in my Pick-5 ticket was a late scratch. Those who had the #14 would automatically get that selection switched to the favorite. I already had the favorite among the 4 horses in the final leg of my ticket. And I had the 50-1 bum too.

The favorite won. So I get $1,600+ for that. But I pocket a SECOND $1,600+ because of the 14 scratching to the favorite! Totally found money! I just couldn’t believe the gift. Though I used her, the #14 really had no shot: A second-timer off a 300-day layoff after a DNF debut. She was a total roach. The pick was a dumb total pie-in-the-sky flyer. After putting in my Pick-5 ticket, I regretted using her.

Had she the strength to endure another 100 seconds, enter the starting gate and run her race - probably a poor effort - I would not have doubled up.

Subject Written By Posted
Thank you for scratching and not smoking... (943 Views) JohnTChance 06/12/2020 07:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.