Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Awesome Again (614 Views)
Posted by: shanahan (IP Logged)
Date: December 16, 2020 09:14PM

My first equine fav was Cigar. He was, for me, The Beatles of the sport. Crowds were wild about him. I've not seen anything like it since. Last time live was Arlington Park - this during Cubs/Cards weekend mind you (and you know I'd not miss that for anything...except Cigar. Fairmont might?). visiting him later at the KY horse park, he didn't look great, and I was surprised he wasn't that well groomed. But I digress...

Today, I read with sadness of the passing of Awesome Again. I had to watch the great race & call of the 1998 BC Classic on You Tube. That great ending as the top 3 seemed to part ways in the last furlong, enabling AG to just plow through and win, under Pat day.

I'm told he was a nice man and trainer, but for whatever reason I never was a sonny Hine fan, trainer of the favorite Skip Away. Silver Charm was a fav and those great preps pre-Derby were classics. Have a great painting with the 3 warriors noses apart from back then. Swain acted up several times during the warm ups but was there at the end.

Awesome Again had been retired to Old Friends in KY, where my Bourbon Lane partnership sends our retired athletes. It's a great place with great people and you should visit if you have the opportunity. I'm sure a lot of your money sits within that farm. Mine sure does.

Subject Written By Posted
Awesome Again (614 Views) shanahan 12/16/2020 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.