Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Rags USSTinosa (933 Views)
Posted by: Mall (IP Logged)
Date: May 17, 2002 01:31PM

If you had been reading my posts like you should TH, you'd know that this happens more often than from "time to time". I've never been able to find the figure making post in the archives & I've heard all kinds of explanations of whether & why this is, as well as the kinds of races involved, & whether one product is better on turf or dirt,etc,etc,etc. My experience, which like everyone else's is anecdotal, is that TG is right in these cases considerably more often than not. The latest big example, which I didn't know about when I bet, was Beat Hollow in the big turf race on Derby Day. If you relied on Rags, BH's true odds were about 3-1, whereas using TG they were 0.6-1, making him a single & an on the top only key in the exotics. Under the circumstances, Tinosa might be an exotics key just because of the difference, although once again my view is that this is as uninteresting a TC race as we've had for some time, & the race is not a very good betting race either.

Subject Written By Posted
Rags USSTinosa (1671 Views) Treadhead 05/17/2002 11:20AM
Re: Rags USSTinosa (933 Views) Mall 05/17/2002 01:31PM
Re: Rags USSTinosa (876 Views) Dan 05/17/2002 04:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.