Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
... and Tight Figures (1758 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: May 30, 2002 04:17PM

Last week we used the Peter Pan as the ROTW (it's still up there). In an effort to show an example of what I described to David Patent, we're going to post the figures the horses ran in the race. This was a 3yo stake, and as it happens all the horses were coming off tops or re-tops, so the "most recent" is also their top.

Horse.......most rcnt, where.....Peter Pan

Sunday Break.....1 1/2, Wood.........1 1/2
Puzzlement......7, 5/3 Alw AQU.........3
Deputy Dash....5, 5/12 Alw BEL.......4 3/4
Essayons......6 1/2, 5/3 Alw AQU.....6 1/2
Ibn Al Haitham..5 3/4, 3/23 Dubai....5 3/4
Heir D'Twine....7 1/4, 4/20 PIM......6 1/4
Fast Decision...4 1/4, Withers.......7 3/4

Admittedly, we didn't have live ground on the Dubai race, but that figure was partly made by pairing IAH to his 2yo top.
Overall, there are only 2 possibilities--that I screwed with the relationships within this race (in which case the Ragozin office would say so), or that the figures are right, and go a long, long way in confirming the earlier figures they are based on. I will point out that the 7 horses come out of 6 different races, including the Wood Memorial--a race the subject of much contention. Ragozin gave the race an inflated number by tying the variant for it to the rest of the day, despite it being the only 2 turn race on the card.
Here are the sheets for the Peter Pan, with the numbers they ran. I urge everyone to carefully examine them, as well as both Thoro-Graph and Ragozin Sheets for Preakness Day, still available on both sites.

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
... and Tight Figures (1758 Views) TGJB 05/30/2002 04:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.