Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Belmont Considerations (1425 Views)
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2002 01:44PM

Lukas feels he lost the 99 Triple Crown due to Baffert entering the speedy Silverbulletday. Though he puts all the blame for hooking her on Antley, the truth is he ordered it. Lukas wants to win the Triple Crown more than anything. But if he can't win it he wants to prevent someone else (especially Baffert) from winning it almost as much. Proud Citizen has twice proven he wasn't able to pick off War Emblem from behind. He's breaking inside of War Emblem and likes Belmont. PC is gonna go. He may or may not be on the early lead, but he's gonna try and never let War Emblem breathe. I'm certain finishing second with a sound horse ready for the rest of the campaign is not on Lukas's mind. How will that play out? That’s for you to decide.

Wiseman's Ferry looks like a decent horse. I'm not enamored with his 26:2 4th quarter or his 13:2 final eighth. Though I read them as being in hand. He's picking up 5 pounds. Going real distance against real horses for the first time in his life. He could be a good horse, I'm not sure yet, but I don't think he's the pace answer to "Defeat War Emblem" prayers. My very strong suspicion is anyone counting on this horse to make War Emblem run is hoping and praying and wishing.

I'm reminded of the vitriol that spilled between Woody and Lukas during the 1988 Triple Crown. Though in truth it was a one way street. When Woody lost the Derby he told anyone who would listen that Winning Colors was not gonna be allowed to run a paceless race in the Preakness. Forty Niner battled with Colors and though he tired and was an also ran, Colors was shot for the rest of the campaign. And though he excoriated Woody (God Bless his soul) I have to wonder if the preeminent Mr. Lukas hasn't come to the same conclusion about beating War Emblem.

Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss. I won't get fooled again. NO NO. (Caveat that Who phrase doesn’t imply the winner…merely something about Mr. Stetson and the pace animals. And who says history isn’t worth studying?)

And another Caveat: Beware the Mojo! Though to Megadeath's chagrin it doesn't work on horses off form.

lol

Tabi

Subject Written By Posted
Belmont Considerations (1425 Views) Anonymous User 06/07/2002 01:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.