Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Belmont Finale (1394 Views)
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: June 09, 2002 01:48AM

Its really a shame War Emblem broke so poorly. I'm not certain it would have made a difference, but I tend to think he would have been a money horse at worst. There were 9 lengths back to third.

Seattle Slew would have overcome that break. Heck, he did in the Derby. Obviously War Emblem is not in that league. A truly Great horse overcomes adversity and apparently War Emblem is not versatile enough to be great. But he's darn good and I'm happy that those that took shots at him with horses the likes of Perfect Drift and Medaglia D'oro lost. If they beat him square I'd say good job. I had War Emblem on top in my Tri. I thought he was gonna win it. And I think without the stumble he would have. We'll never know. They'll never run 12 again. But if he stays sound we haven't heard the last of War Emblem. Not by a longshot.

At first blush that final time was very marginal for the top two in my opinion. We'll see what T-graph says later.

Subject Written By Posted
Belmont Finale (1394 Views) Anonymous User 06/09/2002 01:48AM
didn't I already start an excuse thread?? (870 Views) superfreakicus 06/09/2002 01:57AM
Re: didn't I already start an excuse thread?? (891 Views) Anonymous User 06/09/2002 01:35PM
Re: "My God he must be a superhorse." (871 Views) superfreakicus 06/09/2002 03:38PM
Re: Belmont Finale (846 Views) Michael D. 06/09/2002 01:57AM
Re: Belmont Finale (834 Views) Anonymous User 06/09/2002 01:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.