Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
The Challenge (1365 Views)
Posted by: HP (IP Logged)
Date: June 09, 2002 03:21AM

Between Patent and I, I came out ahead, losing about $350, while Patent lost something over $400. I'm not sure how much of this difference is attributable to the actual superiority of the TG figures, but looking at the results, one would have to weigh that in somewhere.

Certainly my betting strategy was a huge factor, where I was able to make more of my one win while still managing to skillfully get just enough of those scratches to stay comfortably ahead.

Probably my best play was the late scratch I scored on Peeping Tom (who would have won), which maintained my scratch parity given David's masterful $180 return on the scratch of Transcendental, on which I was sucking wind, having gotten back about $80 less. But in such a close game, it's always that one little thing that the more masterful player does to win that makes the difference, as it was here, and my 'in' with the vet clinched it.

I thought Nunzio won overall with $500 on Gygistar. Math is not what I'm good at (okay, I'm not very good at handicapping either - although I would imagine I did just as well, if not better, than the guys who get paid to put their picks in the paper).

By the way, that parlay stuff was WAY out of line.

Wait till next year. HP

Subject Written By Posted
The Challenge (1365 Views) HP 06/09/2002 03:21AM
Re: The Challenge (878 Views) nunzio 06/09/2002 08:36AM
Re: The Challenge (844 Views) TGJB 06/09/2002 06:57PM
Re: The Challenge (806 Views) HP 06/09/2002 07:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.