Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: The Mother (Wife) Of All Belmont Stories (906 Views)
Posted by: HP (IP Logged)
Date: June 12, 2002 03:09PM

Oy. Okay.

As usual, I reviewed the big race with Mrs. HP. She wanted me to bet $10 on Perfect Drift and $10 on Sarava. At the track, the lines were incredible, and I neglected to get her bets down (the first time this has happened). It really slipped my mind, and I was preoccupied with the idiots in front of me who didn't know how to bet or have their money ready when their turn came.

Afterwards, Jerry pointed out that there were no lines before the feature since so many people had bet the Belmont Stakes before the 9th race. Thanks Jer.

As the horses were coming down the stretch, I thought Proud Citizen won, but as the first two horses went by and I got a closer look, I saw the winner was the 12, Sarava. Losing the race was bad enough, but as I realized that I forgot to get the wife's bet down, the thought came to me that beyond losing, this was the worst outcome imaginable and probably punishment for some sins in a previous life.

If Patent had hit this race, I might have thrown myself off the balcony, but a quick review indicated that he had blown it and had to console himself with his massive real-life hit.

So I managed to 'book' the Mrs. bet for $10 and I owe her about $750, on top of the money I lost, which made it the worst day ever for me (notwithstanding the two races I hit, which kept me afloat till the end). All things considered (except briefly in the car afterwards) I think I took it pretty well, and I was able to be my usual charming self at the big dinner.

Mrs. HP was amused, collected her cash, and told me to take out the garbage. HP

Subject Written By Posted
The Mother (Wife) Of All Belmont Stories (1446 Views) TGJB 06/12/2002 02:39PM
Re: The Mother (Wife) Of All Belmont Stories (906 Views) HP 06/12/2002 03:09PM
Re: The Mother (Wife) Of All Belmont Stories (943 Views) Jason L. 06/12/2002 04:06PM
Re: The Mother (Wife) Of All Belmont Stories (918 Views) HP 06/12/2002 04:29PM
Re: The Mother (Wife) Of All Belmont Stories (977 Views) HP 06/12/2002 04:44PM
Re: The Mother (Wife) Of All Belmont Stories (870 Views) TGJB 06/12/2002 04:20PM
HP: Saratoga? (885 Views) Anonymous User 06/14/2002 09:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.