Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Enough is Enough (1397 Views)
Posted by: Oats (IP Logged)
Date: June 14, 2002 07:57PM

I've really had enough of the Lukas bashing along with a lot of other crap you guys keep spewing out.

I've never come across such whining and bitching as can be found here.

It's a never-ending pissing contest with you guys and your feet are all wet.

Where are these magical jump-ups by Lukas that are so out of the ordinary?

If you operate on the premise that thoro-graph #'s are correct (I don't...and this has nothing to do with Ragozin), then let's use tg #'s when looking at Lukas horses:

Proud Citizen-He went from a 7/3 to a 4/1 from SA to KEE; big deal! He ran a 6 nine months earlier...using the tgi you can see he can be expected to improve 4 pts on average.

Shah Jehan-Ran a 9 @ SA and got a 5 at KEE...ooh..a 4-pt move...big deal, it was only his 3rd American start...I'm sure no colt by Mr. Prospector could ever run a 5 as a 3yo...LOL

Snow Ridge-In Sept.00 ran a 28 at TP after running an 8 at MTH...ooh, big jump there! WRONG! If you skip over that, in his next start he ran a 6/2 at Keeneland...in April'01!!!!!!! He had every right to improve 2/2 points after seven months. How about when he ran a 2/2 at TP in Sept'01 after running a 0/2 at Spa a month earlier? No complaints there huh? Duh.

Table Limit-Not unlike a bunch of Lukas starters that he had high hopes for and therefore, started the conditioning with routes first...a 14/1 at SA to a 4/2 at KEE; so? Do you really think the routes suited him then? No? Then you must think Lukas gave him some magical mystery dose that allows horses to run 10x better than they are possibly capable of because no trainer, especially a successful one, has ever used the route-to-sprint manuever to find success...and Lukas would never point a KEE-sales colt or Kentucky-bred to win for a Kentucky Breeder/Owner to a win at Keeneland.

Buckle Down Ben-Oh Dear God! He went from a 7/1 in Feb'01 at GP to an 11/3 at TP in 3'01!!!!!!! Kind of ruins it for you doesn't it...LOL

Commendable-from an 8 at SA to a 7 at KEE on a mere months rest...what a LEAP!!! He had only run a 7/1 prior to that 8...how did he get back to a 7?!!!!! Dumbasses...

Charismatic-a 3/2 at KEE in 4'99 after an 8 @SA...wonder where I've seen this before? Big Deal...did you complain when he went from a 29/1 to an 11/3; of course not! There are legitimate reasons these things happen...this guy matured toward his peak

Grand Slam-Oh Lord, a 5 following a 15!!!! How did Lukas do it? Uh, he had run two 5's six months earlier!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't a magical mystery jump from SA to Kentucky. More? Ok, what about the 6/3 at KEE following the 3/1 at Bel in '98? No complaints there? Why didn't he go forward? Dumbasses.

Yarrow Brae-Ooh Ooh Ooh, a tremendous leap from a 12 at SA to a 10 at CD!! How could that happen? DUH!!! And how did he improve nearly 3 pts from BM to TP in '99 when his sire's tgi says he can improve 4 pts! DUH.

Editor's Note- Here we go again. A 5/1 following a 5 @GP!!!!!!!!! What a jump...I mean...er, what? That's right...no magical jump jackasses.

Prince of Thieves- A colossal leap from a 10/3 @SA to a 6/3 @ KEE in '96...how did he do it? He ran a 6/3 in Feb @ SA...that's how he was capable of it...not drugs.

Thunder Gulch- An "O'Keefe" Special...how on earth did he leap from a 3/2 at GP to a 5/2 at KEE? It must have been reverse drug use to insure that he didn't jump forward and turn all you guys on to the greatest drug-inducing feat ever? NO. Jackasses.

Tabasco Cat-Here we go: Those tremendous jumps into Kentucky form a 13 to a 13, and a 7/3 to a 7/2, and a 12/2 to a 4 after having already run 4's 3x previously and a 4/3 to an incredible 4...yeah, that took drugs...LOL...you guys must be crazy.

It's time to grow up guys and stop crying. Learn to handicap or give up the game. Your gonna win some, your gonna lose some, but false, unjustified defamation of Lukas is not the answer to your problems. I suggest you get back to asking legit q's here and not all this pissing&bitching.

To continue saying Lukas isn't using legit means is thoro-crap.

Subject Written By Posted
Enough is Enough (1397 Views) Oats 06/14/2002 07:57PM
Irrefutable Evidence (899 Views) Anonymous User 06/14/2002 08:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.