Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Improvisation (1277 Views)
Posted by: TGJB (IP Logged)
Date: June 19, 2002 03:37PM

We had some technical problems. We're taking some old messages and beginning a new thread.

posted by Jerry Jr. 6/18/02, 17:28--

Poppa Jer, there is the slanderous comment. I have never discussed your product with anyone at the track, not once. Please stop the lying. Frankly, I have never seen anyone using it.

While the track purchases Ragozin for the big bettors here, your's is almost non-existent. That is why you got kicked off a couple of years ago.

"1- Our trackmen not only watch the races, they watch reruns, and sometimes Steward's tape."

Well, at least now you are giving us a trickle of the truth. Like Clinton, we must examine this statement carefully because it is only partially true. Your trackman do watch races live, I agree. But, they don't watch all the races live. They are employed by the track and may be busy doing something else. So I guess they aren't able to hand time them all either, are they?

Next time try your spin on someone that doesn't know the truth.

Jerry, JR.

Author: TGJB
Date: 06-18-02 19:18

Boy, there’s a lot to work with here.

1. You have never discussed our product with anyone at the track. You won’t find a living human who believes that one.

2. We sell okay at Gulfstream (so you’ve definitely seen someone using it—and you know Bill Goldsmith), less so at Calder, which couldn’t have anything to do with you and Nebel telling people we don’t use live ground, could it? By the way, Suffolk Racing Forum, Albany Teletheater, Connecticut OTB, Monmouth, and Meadowlands all buy our product to give as comps to big bettors.

3. Among our trackmen are the DRF’s Dave Litfin and five Equibase trackmen. Most watch the races live, all watch tapes—as do the Ragozin trackmen. There was (and I believe still is) one Ragozin trackman who does 5 tracks daily from his living room via satellite dish. He hand times races, same as ours do.

4. You’re the same guy who parsed the truth about your mentor Charlie Nebel—splitting hairs about which track he was barred from (for being dishonest), to make it appear it never happened. You really want to accuse us of half truths? Nebel’s still barred at Calder—that’s why you haven’t seen him there, right? Wonder why you didn’t mention that.

5. Our Florida trackman watches most of the races live, and all of them on both pan and head-on tapes. You weren’t parsing the truth to make it appear he was doing a bad job, were you?

6. Ragozin outsells us on weekends at Calder, we’ve been outselling him slightly during the week. Overall they outsell us, but by roughly 10 sets a week, or 2 a day. Which doesn’t matter, except in judging your credibility.

TGJB

Jerry Jr. replied:

I'm shocked that you are actually trying to answer these Jerry - bully for you I guess. Just know that I'm going to answer your lies until you get frustrated and can't come up with any new spins.

"1. You have never discussed our product with anyone at the track. You won’t find a living human who believes that one."

I don't care if you believe it or not, it's the truth. I have no vested interest in Ragozin. The only reason I post here is for entertainment. Proabably the same as HP.

"2. We sell okay at Gulfstream (so you’ve definitely seen someone using it—and you know Bill Goldsmith), less so at Calder, which couldn’t have anything to do with you and Nebel telling people we don’t use live ground, could it? By the way, Suffolk Racing Forum, Albany Teletheater, Connecticut OTB, Monmouth, and Meadowlands all buy our product to give as comps to big bettors."

Congratulations, on your success elsewhere. I'm glad you aren't disputing that you were kicked off for lack of sales at Calder.

"3. Among our trackmen are the DRF’s Dave Litfin and five Equibase trackmen. Most watch the races live, all watch tapes—as do the Ragozin trackmen. There was (and I believe still is) one Ragozin trackman who does 5 tracks daily from his living room via satellite dish. He hand times races, same as ours do."

Again, I'm glad that you posted what you do elsewhere, but it ain't happening down here. No matter how much you bring up non-pertinent info, it doesn't add to your credibility. Let me put it plainly - YOUR GUY DOES NOT WATCH THE RACES OR HAND TIME THEM LIVE. I do like him and think he's a nice guy.

"4. You’re the same guy who parsed the truth about your mentor Charlie Nebel—splitting hairs about which track he was barred from (for being dishonest), to make it appear it never happened. You really want to accuse us of half truths? Nebel’s still barred at Calder—that’s why you haven’t seen him there, right? Wonder why you didn’t mention that."

This is the best one yet. Repeatedly you say that Nebel is the guy in the field that discourages people from using your product, telling lies, etc. Yet he is barred from the track???? Is the ghost of Nebel talking to these people???? Too funny!! He hasn't been there in the afternoon in 3 years. He is there every morning to "take care of biz."

By the way, Nebel wasn't at the track the year you were kicked off for lack of sales either.

"5. Our Florida trackman watches most of the races live, and all of them on both pan and head-on tapes. You weren’t parsing the truth to make it appear he was doing a bad job, were you?"

"Most" is the key word there. I'm sure he does a fine job. Like I said before, I like the guy. See, I don't parse the truth, just tell it. I know that is a hard concept for you.

"6. Ragozin outsells us on weekends at Calder, we’ve been outselling him slightly during the week. Overall they outsell us, but by roughly 10 sets a week, or 2 a day. Which doesn’t matter, except in judging your credibility."

Uhm if you say so. I don't have access to the sales records for either of you. Are you able to cover your shipping with those sales? For all I know you are buying them so you won't get kicked off again. Whatever Jerry, you are very sad and to be pitied.

Jerry, JR.

and TGJB replied...

You're the best. I'm going to leave it right there--everyone can look at your two posts and mine and draw their own conclusions. By the way, are you saying that Charlie is banned from Gulfstream as well?

TGJB

Subject Written By Posted
Re: Improvisation (1277 Views) TGJB 06/19/2002 03:37PM
Re: Improvisation (762 Views) Jerry Jr. 06/19/2002 06:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.