Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
willa on the move (1340 Views)
Posted by: peter freundlich (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2002 12:54AM

a sheets theory question: relevant to "Willa on the move" among others. A horse who shows an op- (4 back) and yesterday took up severely (big T) gets a figure on the effort made during the rest of the race. Why do both sheet figure makers refuse to improve the figure by estimating the trouble? I do not want to hear that you can not quantify the amount of trouble so you leave it out of the figure.

You pride yourself on such highly accurate figures that 1/4 to 1/2 point incremental improvements plus appropriate spacing may yield an "explosive" situation. Yet the failure to measure an op- or t or T renders the figure meaningless, when it may be the key to the horses whole line (and future reads).

I have no clue as to Willa's trouble 4 races back (off poor 1-2-3-4-5 lengths?). And if I am supposed to take such extensive trip notes so that I can modify the figures, why would I want to pay for such an inaccurate figure?? And how am I supposed to monitor so many tracks and races in this manner.

It seems to me that you can improve your figures by making them more accurately reflect the totality of the horses effort.

If you can post her sheet after yesterday's fig is inserted it may make for a intersesting discussion of her line if the first op- is viewed as a 1 or a 2 and Saturday's fig is also adjusted 2 points better for her early trouble.

Subject Written By Posted
willa on the move (1340 Views) peter freundlich 07/15/2002 12:54AM
Re: willa on the move (800 Views) Michael D. 07/15/2002 01:05AM
Re: willa on the move (875 Views) TGJB 07/15/2002 04:36PM
Re: willa on the move (867 Views) Alydar in California 07/15/2002 06:23PM
What about horses that are chronically wide? (824 Views) derby1592 07/16/2002 02:33AM
Re: What about horses that are chronically wide? (828 Views) Alydar in California 07/16/2002 08:00AM
Re: What about horses that are chronically wide? (840 Views) peter freundlich 07/16/2002 08:45PM
Re: What about horses that are chronically wide? (842 Views) tegger 07/16/2002 09:12PM
Re: What about horses that are chronically wide? (869 Views) Alydar in California 07/17/2002 12:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.