Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: rotw (843 Views)
Posted by: George Mann (IP Logged)
Date: July 27, 2002 10:41PM

A visit back to these boards revealed some great posts about individual races and people's analysis using TG....like some others i had stayed away due to the constant bickering about TG vs Rags, etc.

But as HP or someone said, people like me just need to post our analyses, questions, etc and the board will be full of such...so best I post. Here goes my novice attempt at handicapping using TG...(obviously we are dealing with the Eddie Read as it's the ROTW).

Redattore being the defending champ of this race keeps calling out to me. I see him running a 1 to 3.5 with a minor weight adjustment and no wide adj.

Sarafan seems consistent at 2-2.5...add 2 for wide - 1 each turn...I usually add weight at 118+ but ya could go 1/2 pt here for 117

Beat Hollow I see at 1.5 or an 'X' - there's a chance of the 0-2-X pattern being developed here...sooner or later this horse has to bounce! I'd add 1.5 for weight and 1 for wide as he should have a good inside trip.

Got Night Patrol with a 4 plus several points for wide and thus not ITM. No chance to Deploy Venture. Casey Griffin has good numbers but has developed almost identically to 2 years ago and then he bounced big at Del Mar and had peaked before then like this year.

It's a tough one...my heart says Sarafan-Beat Hollow-Redattore...but based on the numbers only, I'd have to say Redattore-Beat Hollow-Sarafan.

Best of luck to all....as always, would appreciate other insights into this race and even into my analysis - I'm learning TG and have no problem with helpful criticism.

Gator Mann

George Mann

Subject Written By Posted
rotw (1332 Views) charliem 07/27/2002 03:08PM
Re: rotw (786 Views) tgab 07/27/2002 03:36PM
Re: rotw (843 Views) George Mann 07/27/2002 10:41PM
Re: rotw (806 Views) HP 07/27/2002 11:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.