Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1239 Views)
Posted by: Goofything (IP Logged)
Date: April 17, 2002 11:51AM

Yes, click on the Red "Introduction" link in the left hand column of everypage. This will take you to a lot of very useful information about using the sheets (audio web seminar, etc). Then, go to the "Red Board Room" link. This link gives you all of the previous day's sheets. Download these and practice (go to www.equibase.com-->charts link for results after you analyze).

Now, this next part will be unpopular, but the Ragozzin site also has a lot of useful information about using their sheets. They detail a lot of different patterns to look for. Spotting the patterns is the key to using sheets and seems to work well with both the Ragozzin sheets and the Thorograph sheets. Thorograph's sheets are easier to read because they've been laid out much nicer. They are also more user friendly because you can download them. Also, they give you infinite amount of information to learn to use the sheet (i.e. the Red Board Room). Plush, Thorograph is a better price. [I've been successful using both sheets, so I would say the numbers are both very good].

But, if you go to www.thesheets.com, you can buy some audio seminar tapes from the Ragozzin guys (there's about 18 of them or so). These are very useful (although very poor quality) for learning to use sheets. Also, Len Ragozzin's book, "The Odds Must Be Crazy" is a good book for learning how the sheets were developed, what the numbers actually represent and how to spot some patterns.

Hope all of this helps. I would use both sites for information because both have some useful stuff to offer. Also, use these message boards (both sites have message boards) to ask questions and discuss patterns, horses, etc. I think this site is easier for discussing particulars of horses, because everyone can download the sheet and see what you are talking about (assuming the question is posted the day after the race and it's still available in the Red Board Room).

Good luck.

Subject Written By Posted
Hello Im new and ready to learn... (2094 Views) michelle 04/17/2002 11:29AM
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1239 Views) Goofything 04/17/2002 11:51AM
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1215 Views) TGJB 04/17/2002 02:07PM
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1185 Views) Point Given Gal-Michelle 04/17/2002 02:33PM
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1250 Views) Goofything 04/17/2002 05:52PM
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1266 Views) kevin s 04/17/2002 05:57PM
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1196 Views) Point Given Gal-Michelle 04/17/2002 06:05PM
Re: Hello Im new and ready to learn... (1189 Views) Goofything 04/17/2002 06:00PM
One last thing--here's a great sheets race (1128 Views) Goofything 04/17/2002 06:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.