Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Saturday Seminar (966 Views)
Posted by: FrankD. (IP Logged)
Date: August 31, 2014 08:25AM

I guess the 6TH time is the charm! After attending 5 of the 6 previous Saturdays and getting BEAT UP on everyone of them I finally had a good day.

Kudos to TGAB who nailed the race of the week and I was on the same page for a very nice exacta. TGJB flat gave out Palace in the seminar as the best bet of the day. He has a non betting friend who comes up every Labor Day weekend and will bet one horse for the day, he was on Palace.

A fantastic battle in the Woodward as Itsmyluckyday was given out as the choice in the seminar.Isn't it refreshing to see older horses still running and developing rivalaries throughout more than one campaign.

The main track was lighting fast yesterday and the 4TH race, the much lesser regarded maiden heat of the 2 was 1:34 seconds faster than the 2ND, a very impressive run by El Kabeir. Stonetastic breaks the track record for 6 furlongs if he wasn't eased up in the final 1/16 after a hand ride. Paco bring your tack to NY please year round, we need quality jocks here desperately and you are one for sure.

All you need to know about Wise Dan is he is a champion, a classic horse one of the all time greats who needs to get his due. A 7 year old spotting 8 -13 lbs to a decent Grade 2 field, off a layoff from colic surgery and having a real problem in the gate did what champions do, he dug in and found a way to win. The last few words in the DRf charts sum it up "under threat from Optimizer in the last jumps, and look his foe in the eye,just held on at the wire in a game effort". INCREDIBLE EFFORT!!!

The Voodoo accounting for attendance continues as the guest experience bunch posted a crowd of 29,000. Where that figure came from I'll never know, even if you take out the 6,400 seasons passes; 23,000 was a bit liberal to say the least.
All I know is in the picnic area, the busiest spot in the place they had only 9 open tellers and you were able to walk up to the SAM machines as the gate loaded.
I'm sure Clueless Kay will be in front of a camera in the next day or 2 singing the prasies of a record setting Spa meet spearheaded by his crackerjack management team. Clueless I noticed a picnic table with a warped seat yesterday, just to the right of the TV bank in the rear of the deck, please put that one on your list of capital improvements for next year.

I'm calling it a meet, the weather is iffy for both today and tomorrow depending on which forecast you believe? There are T-storms throughout the area this afternoon and into tomorrow so the Spa will get some rain, how much and when, your guess is as good as mine? I was live 23 days (hope Richie bet under 28) turned a very nice profit getting out for a bad year to date! A lot going on in life right now and I'm burnt out along with trully not being that interested in racing 5-6 days per week. The seminar at 10:40 AM and the last race going off at 7:21 PM virtually in the dark make it a very long day, TOO MUCH.

It's time for a break, I'm really looking forward to Keeneland's opening on October 3RD back to dirt and the low takeouts, rolling right into BC weekend.

Good luck,

Frank D.

Subject Written By Posted
Saturday Seminar (966 Views) FrankD. 08/31/2014 08:25AM
Re: Saturday Seminar (660 Views) Themig 08/31/2014 11:37AM
Re: Saturday Seminar (699 Views) P-Dub 08/31/2014 12:59PM
Re: Saturday Seminar (681 Views) Topcat 09/03/2014 06:48AM
Re: Saturday Seminar (573 Views) TGJB 09/03/2014 11:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.