Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Minority Report - Up's & Down's In Review (506 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: November 02, 2014 05:22AM

First, Johnnym, I'm glad you enjoyed my post. Second I so very much enjoyed this Breeders Cup. It was a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride for me. I want to recount a few/bunch of my thoughts because I suspect they were shared by a number of others. Since I'm a minority voice often very few others.

Mistermoose posted (Thurs) an invite for any ideas regards the first couple of races on Friday. I responded via private msg with an opinion that Starry Skies would be a square price. Low Point - why did I do that? my insecurity got up! I woke lake Friday to find my tout had been scratched, High Point! The horse did look very ouchy.

Fri 2nd - I liked Irish Surf but wanted to watch a few more before I went in. Plus I was still reflecting on my good fortune of the scratch of #3 in the 1st.

Fri 3rd = My My My Fiona looked a lock but too cheap for my style.

Fri 4th - Ok I'm ready. I had an opinion that Talco & Long on Value were best. Then P-Dub posts Long On Value @ 11/1. I previously had some simpatico with P-Dub on a couple of subjects and he is a Bay Area guy. I'm in, a winner but no exacta.

Fri 5th - My favorite horse to hate Midnight Hawk. Dilemma, Jim Covello in a really persuasive analysis posted the previous day has sold me on the third Baffert and warned off Bahamian Squall. I expect Baffert to win but I pass. They come Chitu/ Bahamian Squall. That makes sense! My confidence id growing.

Fri 6th - This race confuses me. Hootenany calls me and I believe he worried better handicappers than I, just too many euros. I saw Fallon boot home a longshot Wednesday so I make a action bet to show I finish a fast closing 5th on a fantastic ride from post 15 to the rail in deep stretch. How did he do that. I'm seeing it my optimism is growing.

FRi 7th Dirt Mile - I was committed to try and beat the what many are calling the most likely winner of the BC not once but twice. Wassa matter me! I use Vicar and Tapiture each give me brief hope of beating the monster. Thrilled to see the Chilean horse come from clouds to land in 4th.

Fri 8th - I like the top three finishers and especially Lady Eli. But I'm committed to trying to beat the N.Y. horses this time my discretion in again passing the race was a better course than valor.

Fri 9th - I have no opinion on this race but can't figure out why NBC spent more time talking about tomorrow's classic than today's races.

My day ends with the thought kind of chalky but caught that winner in the 4th. Hopefully some prices on Saturday. I'm seeing it. What I'm not seeing is Cigar Street my bias against negative GP TG #'s and Verranzano. Remember toss that one who beat him tomorrow Toranado?

I'm very tired and forgotten most of what I wanted to Post just the highlights

1. A handful of my high priced action bets ran fourth @ 30/1 or more - great for shouting at the monitor but no cash.

2. Happy to see that TGJB hit the $18,000 pick six congrats.

3. Made my day with exacta in Juvenile thank you Carpe Diem for getting up Sure only an experienced drunk driver could pull of Texas Red's trip.

4. Congrats Kenny Mayne for finishing 9th in BC handicapping Tourney and winning $20K LOL

5. Congrats me, my Derby horse Taste of New York rewarded my faith in him making my weekend in the last

6. Congrats TG for an always valuable BC package

7. Way to go Santa Anita

Congratulations to all of you brave enough to express your opinions and suffer the slings and arrows of misfortune.

Chad Brown you are my new hero.

Wesley Ward I have a new respect for you.

Thank You Bo Derek for the eyeball roll - priceless.

3 y/o horse of the year very political.

Lastly, any tourists playing golf Sunday @ Brookside in Pasadena know it is customary to hit a (shag ball) short iron into the Rose Bowl from the 18th? tee on your 1st visit.

F1 tomorrow.

Good nite!

Subject Written By Posted
Minority Report (977 Views) Tavasco 10/30/2014 05:13PM
Re: Minority Report (646 Views) johnnym 10/30/2014 07:04PM
Re: Minority Report - Up's & Down's In Review (506 Views) Tavasco 11/02/2014 05:22AM
Re: Minority Report - Up's & Down's In Review (438 Views) P-Dub 11/02/2014 12:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.