Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: BC Post Mortem (619 Views)
Posted by: banditbeau (IP Logged)
Date: November 03, 2014 09:53PM

P-Dub,
Good to meet you as well. Ditto for your wife. Thankfully our spouses enjoy our hobby, and you can't beat Santa Anita. With over 60,000 people there on Saturday we were out of the parking lot and back to our hotel within a half an hour. At Saratoga we might still be there! And as for your meeting with JB, true story. My wife asked me "was Paul what you thought he was going to look like?" My response was, well I thought he was gonna look like Lee Marvin or Charles Bronson from the Dirty Dozen! Or Sean Connery! Having met many of the East Coast Thorographers at Saratoga seminars, it is nice to put a face with the name. But here I was way off. He was more like a guy you'd see in the front row of the end zone at a Raiders game! Decked out in a Santa Anita gear from head to toe, TG numbers everywhere, he was just an all-around cool guy. I'm sure those hats cost just about as much as the vest,so she deserves it, and the vest probably looks better on your wife than the hats would look on you or me, although they do cover up our lack of hair, (probably too many close beats). And your lame brain wagers on the pick three, was only to be surpassed by my similar fiasco on Friday on the early pick five. Between the two of us we compared lots of notes, shared our admiration for Mike Smith, and also left plenty of opportunities on the table,although it wasn't due to lack of trips to the window. You had to log about 10 miles between your seat and the betting machines between Friday and Saturday! I hope I didn't talk you off Bayern. As you remember he was the first horse you mentionedwhen we talked about the classic. You said immediately you thought he would win it. Great time though, and two super days of racing. Banditbeau

Subject Written By Posted
BC Post Mortem (975 Views) P-Dub 11/03/2014 12:20AM
Re: BC Post Mortem (652 Views) Tavasco 11/03/2014 12:39AM
Re: BC Post Mortem (570 Views) joemama 11/03/2014 03:56AM
Re: BC Post Mortem (723 Views) johnnym 11/03/2014 07:03AM
Re: BC Post Mortem (720 Views) miff 11/03/2014 09:35AM
Re: BC Post Mortem (619 Views) banditbeau 11/03/2014 09:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.