Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: Out of curiosity, can I ask about a figure? (547 Views)
Posted by: Delmar Deb (IP Logged)
Date: June 23, 2015 12:27PM

Sorry, Prince Bishop and African Story were retired in April. Story below is from The Bloodhorse...

Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
By Blood-Horse Staff
April 24, 2015 7:22 PM
56 Comments
Racing, International

Prince Bishop and African Story, the respective winners of the 2015 and 2014 Emirates Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), have both been retired, Godolphin announced.
The pair, both 8-year-old geldings, will spend their future days actively occupied in a Godolphin yard, albeit at a low-key level.

"They have both been remarkable racehorses over the years," said John Ferguson, bloodstock adviser to Sheikh Mohammed. "Both are 8-year-olds, they have both run on Dubai World Cup night each of the past four years. They have both won the biggest prize in world racing.

"They retire having given the Maktoum family many days of great pride and enjoyment. Sheikh Mohammed felt it was the right thing to retire them from the racetrack, but not to abruptly end their involvement in day-to-day activity in the stable, which they enjoy immensely.

"I am not sure of the logistics as yet, but they will be in one of the Godolphin stables and in all probability will be ridden every day in the immediate future," Ferguson added.

Both runners started their racing days with champion French trainer Andre Fabre. Both joined Godolphin after several races for Sheikh Mohammed and they each won in excess of $7 million during extensive racing careers in Europe and the Middle East.

African Story, a son of Pivotal, won eight of his 21 starts. To underline his versatility, he won the 2013 Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) and 2014 Dubai World Cup, both on Tapeta at Meydan.

Prince Bishop, who is by Dubawi, went on to win 11 of his 28 starts. He ran in three Dubai World Cups at Meydan, winning the 2015 edition on dirt.

"Both African Story and Prince Bishop showed great ability from their earliest days," Fabre said. "I am pleased they both went on to realize the potential they displayed when with me."

Saeed bin Suroor trained both African Story and Prince Bishop for their respective Dubai World Cup victories.

"They were very tough and reliable racehorses," he said. "Both geldings, they could adapt quickly to their environment no matter where in the world they were taken to race.

"The fact that they could each compete in top races on Dubai World Cup night four years on the trot says a lot for their class and durability."

Delmar Deb

Subject Written By Posted
Out of curiosity, can I ask about a figure? (840 Views) DaveDuggan 06/23/2015 09:06AM
Re: Out of curiosity, can I ask about a figure? (581 Views) BitPlayer 06/23/2015 10:14AM
Re: Out of curiosity, can I ask about a figure? (582 Views) DaveDuggan 06/23/2015 10:26AM
Re: Out of curiosity, can I ask about a figure? (568 Views) DaveDuggan 06/23/2015 10:31AM
Re: Out of curiosity, can I ask about a figure? (547 Views) Delmar Deb 06/23/2015 12:27PM
Re: Out of curiosity, can I ask about a figure? (491 Views) DaveDuggan 06/23/2015 01:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.