Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Saturday seminar (844 Views)
Posted by: FrankD. (IP Logged)
Date: July 26, 2015 08:18AM

OUCH!!!

What more can you say when the pick 5 paid 471K to one .50 winner, the pick 4 just shy of 40K and a 10K pick 3 into the 5th race. The apple cart was never uprighted as the late pick 4 paid 10K and the pick 6 has a double carryover into Sunday.

The ATM's were active enough to churn 23 million for the day as I'm sure every living room downs player was using their funding option de jour for their accounts as well.

A gorgeous day another huge crowd in the 30 K range, remember announced attendance counts all the seasonal passes every day.

On my way to the seminar I encountered Charles Kay and had a cordial conversation, no Pope mobile needed for his escape. He asked how I liked the museum and I was Frank D. honest that the concept had merit but the location and height of the structure, as well as removing trees to construct it was a sore spot lots of places. Laura who is an art teacher pointed out that as you enter from Union Ave it totally disrupts the view of the historic architecture that people have looked at for 150 years. I did compliment him on the Carousel sports bar, its very well done, roomy and not unreasonably priced for comfort, I will give it a spin this meet for sure. I expressed a few of my concerns as a gambler and gave him a carte blance invite any Saturday or Sunday morning at 10:40 to stop by and discuss wagering concerns as well as other changes. He did push a lot of the wagering concerns off on Albany saying they have been stone walled in implementing change, citing the pick 5 fiasco a couple of years ago. Steve Byk said he will also be lobbying him to stop by so we will see? He is accessible out there front and center mingling with the crowd. We'll see if that continues next week as Richiebee brings him Dunkin Donuts for their morning get together!

The seminar attendance was sparse upstairs in the carousel almost as sparse as winners!!! I hope were not on the same Saturday pattern as last year at the start of the meet. The Pletcher firster in the 6th was mentioned as a use and paid $14.00 and Monster Mash was given out cold in the finale @ $17.20 winning comfortably.

If Tepin wins the photo in the Diana I'm out for the day in the late double. Oh well we're still a couple infield hits above the Mendoza line after day 2.

Uncle Billy was handing out the new and improved T-graph hats and brought his lawn chairs for the displaced deck inhabitants. Sean from a CT a non poster but seminar regular for about 4 years now was in town on opening day, Mathcapper made a belated appearance, our former host Mr Byk, some familiar non posters as well as some stragglers armed with only a post parade book.Last but certainly not least was our very own Magic Night.

Congratulations are in order for our boy Bob whose eloquence we have all enjoyed in Around Two Turns launched right here. TGJB announced like a proud father that Bob would now be show casing his talent writing for The Blood Horse and that we could all look forward to being anonymous sources. Buona Fortuna Bob, well deserved and keep up the good work. Imagine some one referring to me as a wise horse player and still getting a job!

Some overnight rain, not enough to alter track conditions but T-storms in and out of the area this afternoon will play havoc with a big pick 6 pot. A give away day on top of storms has moi hunkered down in living room downs for the day.

Good luck,

Frank D.

Subject Written By Posted
Saturday seminar (844 Views) FrankD. 07/26/2015 08:18AM
Re: Saturday seminar (571 Views) richiebee 07/26/2015 08:41AM
Re: Saturday seminar (657 Views) Fairmount1 07/26/2015 08:46AM
Re: Saturday seminar (585 Views) moosepalm 07/26/2015 09:20AM
Re: Saturday seminar (496 Views) magicnight 07/26/2015 12:39PM
Re: Saturday seminar (453 Views) Wrongly 07/26/2015 03:56PM
Re: Saturday seminar (465 Views) richiebee 07/26/2015 03:56PM
Re: Saturday seminar (471 Views) mistermoose 07/26/2015 04:22PM
Re: Saturday seminar (441 Views) billk5300s 07/26/2015 07:03PM
Re: Saturday seminar (451 Views) Fairmount1 07/26/2015 08:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.