Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
In the Backyard Redux (553 Views)
Posted by: belmont3 (IP Logged)
Date: August 30, 2015 09:18AM

Thanks again to Uncle Bill for a great weekend in his Backyard Compound or is it 'Giants Stadium North' .

Plenty of seating. Good reception on the Wifi (I used just my cellphone signal and it worked fine).

Plenty of interesting guests.
Shanahan stopped by with a fascinating one sheet graph (in color nonetheless) of the TG's summarized on one page. Interesting stuff. Apparently Shanahan likes to travel light so he has room for his major cashes!

Rocky stopped by and we chatted about his portfolio management past present and future. Reserved, quiet and brilliant guy. Frank spent the early part of the card and texted grandstand updates. Sean came by and even my wife showed up for the later races.

Alan, Uncle Bill and yours truly held down the fort for most of the day.

Most got off to a good start when Alan's "Best of Seminar" Sheer Drama scored at a pretty generous mutuel all things considered.

Things started to sour when the Ellis Park whiz wired the field. Uncle Bill had given me a lecture on Edgar Prado (pound for pound the world's best and most famous jockey that no one everheard of :)). But I am still a poor student and flunked Uncle Bill's 101 course on Jockey's leaving the 11 off all my pik 3 and pik 4 combos. Pretty much did me in for the afternoon.

Still, the weather was great and the crowd very manageable. Lines were not outrageously long for food, facilities etc.

Have to give the clueless clowns an A+ for this event.

I'll let Sean post the seminar update and the Donald Trump joke. (Alan really liked that one!).
Hoping to rebound today.
Best of luck to all.

Bob

Subject Written By Posted
In the Backyard Redux (553 Views) belmont3 08/30/2015 09:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.