Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Travers Day- Race 8 (1373 Views)
Posted by: bfick (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2016 11:48AM

Great card with lots of tough races! Excellent seminar by JB who gave out a few live horses that should be decent prices. Focusing on second P4 sequence where I think you can pull a few prices even with the Brown monster in r10. The race that is by far the toughest for me to get a handle on is the KB. I see some horses who are a little slow coming in but have patterns that look like a forward move is possible. Would love to get some other opinions on the race to see if I can narrow this down a little bit. Here's how I see it:

Economic Model- Like the pattern and feel this one is sitting on a new top. Don't like the rail draw and will need some racing luck but have to use this guy on all vertical and horizontals

FTR- Another good pattern but can't use on top due to other BB speed horses who should make this guy work hard up front.

Summer Rev- Obvious contender and can't fault anyone who lands on this guy. Fast number and nice slot makes him a must use. However I will look elsewhere due to lack of seasoning this guy has.

Tale of S- I really like his pattern. Ran a new top 3 races ago and reacted after some trouble at the break. Came right back with another new top and looks to be moving in the right direction. Will be keying this guy at a nice price in all slots.

Bird Song- That was a big jump in last race and would need another move forward to compete here. Pass

Mohaymen- I've never bought the hype on this guy. Based on the amount of money he will take and his penchant for breaking slowly, I can't see him getting it done here while spotting 1pt of weight to some of the others. Leaving out of all slots.

Star Hill- Nice number two back and could get a piece with a trip. However, constant 4w/5w's will lead me to assume another wide one is in the cards, leaving him far short of the top contenders who should save some ground.

MYB- Looks like a classic 0-2-X to me off big new top 2 back. OTB

Jazzy Times- Not sure what to do with this guy. Faster than the other Baffert and his last race makes him a must use, but I could easily seeing him backing out of this down the lane as FTR and other Baffert should also be forwardly placed. Too fast to leave off but mostly likely looking at a backwards move. Will use defensively on top if price is in 8-1 range.

RR Superstar- Love this guys pattern, especially when removing his two turn races. First 2 sprints as a 2 year old were solid and he paired those numbers when cut back to a sprint. Broke thru with a new top last time with that leaves him short of what it will take to win, but I think he can move forward with another top here and that could get him into the exotics at a nice price.

Noholdingback Bear- This guy has moved forward significantly since running on Woodbine surface but dirt races were too slow and I'll be betting that he won't be able to duplicate fast numbers he has been producing up north. Pass

Tom's Ready- Tricky read hear as last race was big jump up for this guy. Maybe sprinting is his game and time off surely helps me get comfortable that he can run his race again. Won't use in top spot as he spots weight to some faster ones in here and will most likely be 3-4W when launching his bid. Using in 3/4 slots.

Drefong- Love the pattern and rest into this. Obvious contender who must be used in all slots.

Will be using the 4 and 10 as keys in ex/tri's as both should be in the 15-20 range. Will pair up with the 1, 3, 9, 13 and use the 12 and 2 in the 3/4 slots.

Would love to hear how others view the two longshots I've landed on for the verticals.

Thanks,

Brandon

Subject Written By Posted
Travers Day- Race 8 (1373 Views) bfick 08/26/2016 11:48AM
Re: Travers Day- Race 8 (929 Views) boardedup 08/26/2016 01:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.