Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Remsen and Golden Rod (1671 Views)
Posted by: Fairmount1 (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2016 09:47PM

I know you are all tired of the Travers weekend stories I keep telling but.....

On Friday evening, when Uncle Bill said we should all disband from the TG GIANTS section until the Saturday morning seminar, I headed from one bar to another to another until nearly 4 a.m. And I still made the seminar start time on an early post Travers Day. Regardless of that fact,.....

At one bar near the track and still part of the memory bank of the evening, I met an Anthony Dutrow assistant who was with a buddy from another barn (who I saw on Breeders Cup weekend at Churchill going to the VFW coincidentally and he was stunned I remembered him b/c he didn't remember me....and then he did when I asked more about THIS very horse lol). Anyway, this Dutrow assistant tells me all about their firster in the first race on Travers Day raving that he can run like no other they have had in their barn named Mo Town. When I shared this at the seminar to the TG experts it was met with some interest but the TG-ers don't put much stock in firster laden maiden races.

When he ran 2nd to an Asmussen horse at odds of 7-2 I was all but laughed out of the TG backyard section. Prominent members of the TG Club explained to me that everyone thinks their firster is the greatest and they have no idea who else is in the race against them......they were teaching me all the ropes of maiden special weight races at Saratoga.

Since then, his maiden win was smashing......Coolmore bought in during October. He works a bullet after his Nashua scratch (with the next fastest work 4/5 a second slower by PA Derby winner and 4 for 6 lifetime Connect for Chad Brown)....TG wise (without giving too much away) he faces an uphill battle with a healthy pattern I would guess JB and Alan would say but watch the replay and tell me there isn't more in store. Check out Uncle Mo's 1 mile and over compared to under. TG's data is terrific if you are into studying yourself.

No one in the Drf picks him to win. Kiaran has been solid in the Remsen the past few years and his horse should take serious cash. I am hoping to get the morning line and maybe then some on Mo Town and if I can get even at least 3-1 I'll be satisfied.

Lead Astray is very interesting down the road off his slow paired figs when he may get lasix at Gulfstream after the first of the year but not a chance tomorrow.

At CD in the Golden Rod, I will take a similar stance with Daddy's Lil Darling who appears to me to be a TG standout. Curious others' thoughts. I try to handicap the races and then reinforce or dissuade myself with TG numbers; not sure how others do it but this one was a huge reinforcement on a horse I aleady was very interested in playing.

Let's hear some handicapping on some of the last meaningful races of the year!!

Best of luck!

Subject Written By Posted
Remsen and Golden Rod (1671 Views) Fairmount1 11/25/2016 09:47PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1087 Views) jp702006 11/25/2016 10:16PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1192 Views) Fairmount1 11/25/2016 10:29PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1084 Views) jp702006 11/25/2016 11:08PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1041 Views) Fairmount1 11/25/2016 11:26PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1065 Views) jp702006 11/26/2016 01:37PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1134 Views) Tavasco 11/26/2016 12:08AM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1261 Views) richiebee 11/26/2016 12:45AM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (952 Views) Silver Charm 11/27/2016 08:17PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (945 Views) jimbo66 11/28/2016 09:56AM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (969 Views) richiebee 11/28/2016 11:26AM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (1009 Views) TGJB 11/28/2016 01:31PM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (968 Views) belmont3 11/27/2016 08:48AM
Re: Remsen and Golden Rod (987 Views) Michael D. 11/27/2016 11:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.