Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2023 Breeders' Cup Days Final Figures Santa Anita 3-4 November 2023  • 1 Specials Available
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: ROTW (1300 Views)
Posted by: Tavasco (IP Logged)
Date: July 15, 2017 02:20AM

While I appreciate the perceived value of the ROTW analysis. I just do not have any confidence in the habitual ground losers Special Ops & Conquest Typhoon. I'm convinced Gangster is a poor favorite and beatable but befuddled abit by expectations of a heavy track.

So I went through the data wrote down my thoughts only to realize I agree with Allen other than Conquest Typhoon who could and should finish better than in previous efforts. His confidence is my trepidation.

[b]One Mean Man[/b]
The TG read that this one, in the best case, could finish 3rd or 4th. Makes sense to me. One Mean Man could run another good 5 (i.e. little or no ground loss). I'm going to sleep on the idea of keying this one in 3rd or 4th?

[b]Special Ops[/b]
My problem with Special Ops is I expect him to run a 6. Also known as a ground loss loaded 4. The trainer switch from Brad Cox to Mike Maker is cause to suspect he may run better than expected. Other than that I would toss this one.

[b]Pleuven[/b]
@ m/l 3/1 not under the radar. From my perspective this horse s/b and maybe will be the post time favorite. I'll excuse the last race (temporarily) as a bad trip. Need to watch the replay agaiin. Forecasting a good 3-4 makes this one the most likely winner unfortuneately the crowd may agree.

[b]Gangster[/b]
M/L favoritisim could be a function O'Neill's reputation and SoCal origins than other factors. For me, jockey Gutierrez mitigates any advantage. IMO, as the horse most likely to run a good 4-5 will not leave this one out but don't expect a winner.

[b]Chocolate Ride[/b]
My issue with this horse is how heavy will the track be? Do you like front runners on tracks tha are not fast? Plus the O'Neill horse unlikely to concede an easy lead. Consistent and competitive but has Bridgmohan been riding him?

[b]Conquest Typhoon[/b]
The race is only 1+1/16. Unless something changes it will be over before he gets straighten out for home. What I mean is his apparently good looking #'s are like Special OPs ground loss loaded. Maybe Albarado carves out a trip that saves some ground. m/l 8/1 seems fair to me. A slow track could work to his advantage cause he has a late kick.

[b]Kalamos[/b]
Not the worst 30/1 m/l horse I've ever seen. Only 8 y/o and well rested for a couple of years? Don't know enough about the trainer or jockey as a cause for any confidence. Is slow now but was fast and very durable once. Probably not on any of my tickets.

[b]Western Reserve[/b]
Reminds me of Cleveland and academia. It would be nice to understand the trainer change. Otherwise nothing not to like for me. Contender.

[b]Surgical Strike[/b]
I don't see this horse being relevant other than as traffic.

[b]In Summary[/b]
My plan is to also play exactas but fewer tickets. In the 1st position Western Reserve, Pleuven. In the 2nd slot I'll use Western Reserve, Chocolate Ride, & Pleuven. If it comes off the turf $2 to show on Kalamos.

Thanks for ROTW it's appreciated.

Subject Written By Posted
ROTW (1565 Views) One_Time 07/14/2017 05:45PM
Re: ROTW (1042 Views) TGAB 07/14/2017 06:21PM
Re: ROTW (989 Views) One_Time 07/14/2017 06:44PM
Re: ROTW (1144 Views) TGAB 07/14/2017 06:56PM
Re: ROTW (984 Views) dannyboy135 07/14/2017 07:06PM
Re: ROTW (869 Views) Bet Twice 07/16/2017 02:09PM
Re: ROTW (856 Views) mistermoose 07/16/2017 03:15PM
Re: ROTW (1300 Views) Tavasco 07/15/2017 02:20AM
Re: ROTW (1112 Views) Wamsutta 07/15/2017 09:11AM
Re: ROTW (1062 Views) mistermoose 07/15/2017 11:03AM
Re: ROTW (984 Views) mistermoose 07/15/2017 11:19AM
Re: ROTW (883 Views) Tavasco 07/15/2017 08:04PM
Re: ROTW (1075 Views) Silver Charm 07/15/2017 08:49PM
Re: ROTW (898 Views) TempletonPeck 07/15/2017 08:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.