Your Ask The Experts ID
is separate from your
Order Online Account ID
 Race of the Week:  2024 Kentucky Oaks/Derby Days Final Figures Churchill Downs May 3 & May 4, 2024 
Order Online
Buy TG Data
Complete Menu of
TG Data products
Simulcast Books
Customize a Value
Package of Select
TG Data
Sheet Requests
Order The Last Figure for Any Horse
Free Products
Redboard Room
Download and Review previous days' data.
Race of the Week
With detailed comments
ThoroTrack
Email notification when your horse races
Information
Introduction
For newcomers.
Samples and Tutorials
For Horsemen
Consulting services and Graph Racing
Sales Sites
Where to buy TG around the country
Archives
Historical races and handicapping articles
Handicapping
Hall of Fame
Major handicapping contest winners
Home Page
Re: No ROTW (1109 Views)
Posted by: Mike C (IP Logged)
Date: March 16, 2018 07:33PM

I'm new to posting here, but I have been a reader for a long time I have been handicapping using speed figures since Ragozin's were hand written. I switched over to Thorograph years ago originally because i was able to get them online, but once i started using them I liked them more and have been using them since. I will take a shot at the 8th at Oaklawn, the Oaklawn Park Stakes at 1 mile on dirt. I see these as the main contenders:

Hedge Fund-jumped to a new top last april and backed up a month later. new top ist time out this year 4 weeks ago. don't expect him to move forward again, more likely a pair or a small back up. At 4-1 morning line he is contender, but there are several faster I like better.

Petrov-while fast, the distance is a question.His only tries at a distance were his worst two figures

Untrapped-Really nice line; small new top in sept at Remington Park, then he pairs that and moves forward 2 more points january over this track. Small backward move in last, figures to get back to his top tomorrow. Contender 5-1 morning line

Dazzling Gem-the fastest horse in the race, by a small margin, comes off a pair of "off" races (compared to his top) I see him having to run wide and lose lots of ground, so also a contender but at a shorter price

Leofric-pair of new tops last 2 races, competitive, but at 5 he is lightly raced, only a few races before a gap, don't really like him, looking for him to back up a little, at least, and he is another who I think will lose ground on the turns.

Dalmore-coming in off a 3+ point new top, bounce candidate

Thirstforlife-another fast horse coming off a new top, albeit a small one, he would need to pair that last one up, and he certainly could, but from the outside a wide trip is likely. But at 12-1 he is worth a look

Multiplier-At first glance I thought that his line looked flat, but on a second look, I like the line, and the last sprint (just a workout?) But he'll be wide, and would need a giant move forward to contend here, so I like him to hit the money, so I will use him in the triples

Selections:
Untrapped is my key, i'm using Thirstforlife, Dazzling Gem, and Multiplier underneath

Subject Written By Posted
No ROTW (1266 Views) TGJB 03/16/2018 04:49PM
Re: No ROTW (1109 Views) Mike C 03/16/2018 07:33PM
Re: No ROTW (1013 Views) Tavasco 03/16/2018 10:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Thoro-Graph 180 Varick Street New York, NY 10014 ---- Click here for the Ask The Experts Archives.